What "old" series are you watching?

I would like to rewatch I Love Lucy but I cannot find it on TV anywhere. Anyone know if it is on anywhere? I think it is one of the funnies shows ever and I could use a good belly laugh.

The Flintstones

Bewitched

All In The Family

Seinfeld

Roseanne

All can be found on my TiVO DVR and I have been watching them at night before going to bed.

I would like to rewatch I Love Lucy but I cannot find it on TV anywhere. Anyone know if it is on anywhere? I think it is one of the funnies shows ever and I could use a good belly laugh.

My library has all the seasons available - I just checked.

I am watching tons of stuff from the library right now:
Colombo
Murder She Wrote
Perry Mason
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Father Dowling Mysteries
Police Squad (the 6 episodes anyway)
Soap
Fantasy Island

Lots of other stuff but within the last decade or so, and I imagine that's not "aged" enough for mentioning here. :)

Haven't watched Rod Serling's Twilight Zone since Methuselah was in elementary school, but I recall many, later famous, actors appearing.

I believe Robert Redford had a minor role as 'Death' in an episode where an old lady thought she could live forever if she avoided all outside contact.....the Redford character showed up disguised as a cop.
Yes that show unlike any other was a who's who of actors who later became famous...Jack Klugman, Ross Martin, Burgess Meredith, Elizabeth Montgomery, Charles Bronson, the list goes on and on.

I recently watched Highway to Heaven on Netflix before they took it off..not a "great" show, the writing, directing and acting was often amateurish, frankly...but it had such heart. RIP Michael Landon.

And for awhile All in the Family was on here locally in re-runs. Still makes me laugh and IMO still the greatest sitcom ever.

My library has all the seasons available - I just checked.

I am watching tons of stuff from the library right now:
Colombo
Murder She Wrote
Perry Mason
Star Trek Deep Space Nine
Father Dowling Mysteries
Police Squad (the 6 episodes anyway)
Soap
Fantasy Island

Lots of other stuff but within the last decade or so, and I imagine that's not "aged" enough for mentioning here. :)

What library do you have? Do you mean the public library? Our public library does not have I Love Lucy. We have YoutubeTV and I have searched there and do not find I Love Lucy. Thanks

Last edited:
What library do you have? Do you mean the public library? Our public library does not have I Love Lucy. We have YoutubeTV and I have searched there and do not find I Love Lucy. Thanks
Do you get Over the Air (OTA) channels? Check this site, then plug in your zip code (it's defaulted to Seattle for me). I see that for Chapel Hill Zip Code 27599 that you get MeTV (as most people who get OTA channels receive) on Channel 7.3. "I Love Lucy" is shown weekday mornings at 6:30.

"I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy Show" are also shown on the OTA DecadesTV channel. See their schedule here.

Last edited:
Do you get Over the Air (OTA) channels? Check this site, then plug in your zip code (it's defaulted to Seattle for me). I see that for Chapel Hill Zip Code 27599 that you get MeTV (as most people who get OTA channels receive) on Channel 7.3. "I Love Lucy" is shown weekday mornings at 6:30.

"I Love Lucy" and "The Lucy Show" are also shown on the OTA DecadesTV channel. See their schedule here.

Hmmm, I don't get any over the air channels because I don't have an antenna but I might have to think about getting one. Of course I would also have to have some kind of DVR for the over air because I am not up at 6:30 am! Maybe the easiest thing is for me to buy a DVD of the I Love Lucy series. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hmmm, I don't get any over the air channels because I don't have an antenna but I might have to think about getting one. Of course I would also have to have some kind of DVR for the over air because I am not up at 6:30 am! Maybe the easiest thing is for me to buy a DVD of the I Love Lucy series. Thanks for the suggestion.
Here's the thread on OTA antennas: https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...er-the-air-antenna-please-comment-104674.html

What I find nice these days is how crisp the film is for many of these old 1950s and 1960s TV shows--like "I Love Lucy" and "Gunsmoke." Compared to the sometimes snowy, blurry broadcasts of my youth. (We didn't have cable for many years, just rabbit ears.)

Last edited:
im enjoying Grace Under Fire on the roku channel on my roku

Really old school... I’ve been watching The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show on Antenna TV. It takes me back to first watching the reruns with my mother (who was - is - a huge fan) when I was a kid growing up in the late 70s.

Amazing to think the show was probably about 25 years old back then... comparable to Seinfeld, Friends, Frasier, Roseanne, and Home Improvement today. I remember my mother Saying Burns & Allen was good, clean humor... not like the jiggle and sex comedies like Three’s Company! It’s amazing how well the humor holds up today For a show that’s 65-70 years old.

Here's the thread on OTA antennas: https://www.early-retirement.org/fo...er-the-air-antenna-please-comment-104674.html

What I find nice these days is how crisp the film is for many of these old 1950s and 1960s TV shows--like "I Love Lucy" and "Gunsmoke." Compared to the sometimes snowy, blurry broadcasts of my youth. (We didn't have cable for many years, just rabbit ears.)

Yeah, on Gunsmoke, crystal clear black and white, such exquisite close ups, and what awesome camera lenses, no ? Doesn't get any better than that.

Hill Street Blues on Hulu. So many of the social issues are still relevant today, but it is interesting to see how they were addressed 35 - 40 years ago versus today.

Hill Street Blues on Hulu. So many of the social issues are still relevant today, but it is interesting to see how they were addressed 35 - 40 years ago versus today.

Ah...I didn't need to know this! I enjoyed watching this back in the day w/ my Mom and Dad. Guess one more show to revisit! Still remember the street sweeper scene...one of the best scenes on TV, ever.

Ah, I do love me some Frasier. I just finished watching the entire series for the 3rd time in as many years. :D

I do like the older shows these days, they take me to a simpler time before the madness of 2020. Current indulgences are Benson and Rockford Files. MeTV also does the Johnny Carson show which I am enjoying...he was much better at making fun of political issues than the current lot of late night entertainers.

I have watched 3 or 4 episodes of Rockford files lately and really enjoy it. Did not watch it during its original run. I really miss Johnny Carson. His show was the best! The late night shows currently are totally unwatchable.

I often discover TV shows after they were popular and in re-runs. Big Bang Theory is the latest. Frasier was similar. And I can always watch MASH or All in the Family if they're on.

And while I get people who say it was kinda hokey, somehow I have gotten into Quantum Leap lately. I think Scott Bakula is good in that role and the righting wrongs and doing the right thing I guess appeals to me in this crazy world where it seems everyone is just ranting and raving and not caring about anything else.

You?

It of course depends on what channels/services you get, but some we have binge watched and enjoyed; Breaking Bad, Nurse Jackie, Lillehammer. Currently watching Burn Notice.

Binging with "Lost" lately on Prime, as the direction of the country is indicative of title. AND the show even has episodes dealing with vaccines for 'infected' people.�� Seriously though, the Hawaii scenes are spectacular, acting superb. Probably the 5th time of watched series, but always something new becomes manifest.

Currently binging on "Murder She Wrote" through the FREE NBC site peacock.com, The website has original shows streaming there too.

Old TV shows

DW and I were watching old reruns on ME TV over the summer, including The Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock Hour, but grew weary of these after a couple of months.
We are still watching and enjoying Gunsmoke, with great acting and scripts, and also The Rifleman, plus Columbo...although a few recent Columbo episodes were not that great:confused:?

Gunsmoke was a great show back in my childhood, and the interactions between the four main characters and great writing makes it even more enjoyable now!:)

When I need a laugh, I'll pull up the Three Stooges. There hilarious and each episode is less then 15 minutes long!

Not old, but if you like stand-up that is clean, Dry Bar Comedy. Youtube and their own app.

No f-bombs, minimal politics. Some good, some meh. But during the last 7-8 months, days I really needed the laughs.

Best Comedy Ever

At least during the glory years when they had the best writers, not the later years. That would be "Married with Children". I still remember those episodes fondly when I see them. And a second show? Definitely "Ren and Stimpy".

The Hallmark Channel has I Love Lucy as part of their regular morning lineup, or did. Right now they are featuring lots of Christmas movies, so not sure if Lucy is on or not. You can check on the website to see. Yes, Lucy is a timeless classic!

Back
Top Bottom