• 49ers by over 14 pts

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • other

Votes: 6 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the 49ers will pull it off. I think their Defense will befuddle Mahomes and they are creative enough to do it through out the game.

Grappolo didn't need to do much passing on Sunday, but he certainly has weapons at his disposal if the run game doesn't go like they hope.

cd :O)

My gut says final score 27-20, 49ers over Chiefs.

I think the 49ers ball control running game and defense will contain Mahomes and the time of possession enough for a win.

Though I must say that watching Mahomes play is a joy to watch. I've never seen a player about to run in full stride and wing the ball in total accuracy like the way he does. He's plays like a shortstop in baseball with a very accurate arm.

Last edited:
SF because they have a better D.

SF because they have a better D.
An explosive offense and decent defense versus a superb defense and a decent offense. Hard to pick, though defense has prevailed 2:1 (34-17) in prior Super Bowl outcomes, which gives SF an edge. Just can’t bet against Mahomes. Will come down to best game plan, and best ability to adapt and adjust as the game plays out - unless turnovers (hope not) or special teams dictate the outcome.

Last edited:
Tom Brady. at last weeks games, the announcers couldn't' stop talking about him. I expect the same. Maybe he will be in a special tom brady box with some other fancy personality. or maybe they will have the 'tom brady dancers' at half time where all the dancers look like tom brady. The press and tom brady need to get a room! yikes.

Definitely a Brady bromance in the announcer’s booth...

Hadn’t seen much of Mahomes, but he sure took over the game against the Titans. Looked nearly unstoppable, but that’s how I felt about Lamar Jackson and the Ravens going in to the playoffs.

An explosive offense and decent defense versus a superb defense and a decent offense. Hard to pick, though defense has prevailed 2:1 (34-17) in prior Super Bowl outcomes, which gives SF an edge. Just can’t bet against Mahomes. Will come down to best game plan, and best ability to adapt and adjust as the game plays out - unless turnovers (hope not) or special teams dictate the outcome.
I agree 100% in your philosophy and thinking. I for one wouldn't bet a dime on this one, both do D and O very well.

Definitely a Brady bromance in the announcer’s booth...

Hadn’t seen much of Mahomes, but he sure took over the game against the Titans. Looked nearly unstoppable, but that’s how I felt about Lamar Jackson and the Ravens going in to the playoffs.

Based on Jackson's performance(s) up to the Titan's game, I would have bet the house on the Ravens. Shows you what I know...glad I'm not a betting man!

This SB is anyone's guess!

Recall that the SF coach choked in Super Bowl LI when he was the play caller for Atlanta. Did he learn his lesson, or not? I wouldn't be surprised if he chokes again.

Thought I was gonna have to pick between my Saints and the Chiefs.

one out of two.

heh heh heh - go Chief's. Condolences to Family members for the Patriots and the Seahawks. :greetings10:

Recall that the SF coach choked in Super Bowl LI when he was the play caller for Atlanta. Did he learn his lesson, or not? I wouldn't be surprised if he chokes again.
I’m not a 49ers fan in any way, but that’s nonsense. Most of the reasons the Falcons lost have nothing to do with Shanahan. All indications are he’s on his way to becoming a great head coach.
Seven reasons why the Falcons lost Super Bowl LI:
  • Atlanta's defense 'ran out of gas'
  • An ill-timed coach's challenge (Quinn) takes a much-needed timeout
  • James White had the game of his life (defense)
  • Those two NE two-point conversions (defense)
  • The 3-and-1 call
  • That crucial 4th-quarter sack (Mack & Ryan)
  • Falcons evidently didn't trust their kicking game

https://patch.com/georgia/atlanta/heres-why-atlanta-falcons-lost-super-bowl-li

Last edited:
Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships.

Rooting for K.C. but picking the Niners in this one.

Hopefully we score (a lot) more points than the 49’ers. I’m betting we have a hell of a party no matter what happens. Andy and the boys have earned it.

I grew up in the Bay Area, and will be rooting for the Niners. On paper, I think they’re the better overall team, but Mahomes scares me.

I think the 49ers eke out a narrow (<7 pts) win in a great back and forth game.

Tom Brady. at last weeks games, the announcers couldn't' stop talking about him. I expect the same. Maybe he will be in a special tom brady box with some other fancy personality. or maybe they will have the 'tom brady dancers' at half time where all the dancers look like tom brady. The press and tom brady need to get a room! yikes.

Yup. When somone has six rings and 4 Super Bowl MVPs and all the other accolades and records that Brady has they seem to get some attention.

While I mostly agree, there were some plays called when Atlanta had the ball in the 4th quarter that were very questionable and I presume were Kyle's calls or that he had a hand in.
I never said Shanahan was without blame, as always teams win or lose together. The post I was responding to seemed to suggest he was solely to blame. That's an unfair peanut gallery comment, and again I'm indifferent on the 49ers, Chiefs and Falcons.

Last edited:
The topic of whether Shanahan learned his lesson or not was discussed during the 49ers vs Packers game. Seems the conclusion is that he has learned and now runs first, pass second. Of course, in the heat of the battle, old habits can creep up. I think the NFC Championship was an example as when the Packers did make the game closer, he didn't keep on passing like during the SB vs the Pats.

I never said Shanahan was without blame, as always teams win or lose together. The post I was responding to seemed to suggest he was solely to blame. That's an unfair peanut gallery comment, and again I'm indifferent on the 49ers and Falcons.

You took that correct in your assumption. I believe Shanahan lost the game, rather than the patriots winning the game.

[edit: but that could be part of his learning experience on his way to win the superbowl this time. I didn't mean to rehash old super bowls, but put it in relation to this one]

Last edited:
I'm rooting for the 49ers and Jimmy G. Unlike the NFC championship game, he will have to throw way more than 8 times to win the game as the Chiefs will try to take away the run.

49ers in 7 points or less.

Last edited:
You took that correct in your assumption. I believe Shanahan lost the game, rather than the patriots winning the game.

[edit: but that could be part of his learning experience on his way to win the superbowl this time. I didn't mean to rehash old super bowls, but put it in relation to this one]
Sorry but the Falcons lost the game, not Shanahan alone. That’s selective memory. You can’t exonerate the Falcons defense, Quinn, Smith, Cox, Ryan, etc.

Back
Top Bottom