Why Older Folks Need a GPS:

FWIW:

GPS City Discounts Refurbished Garmin Units

If you’re in the market for a new Garmin, then you won’t want to miss GPS City‘s most recent sale on refurbished Garmin units. The range of units available is pretty vast, and buying refurbished us a great way to get a new, gently used device without having to pay out the nose.
Here are a few of the units available:

iPhone can go on vent clip mount which is tiny, because phones are thin.

I would say however that the Garmin generally does a better job of guidance at multi lane exchanges.

Does Google Maps/Nav for iPhone not include the lane details? I dash mount my Android, along with running the sound through the sound system. It gives (I think) nice alerts as to which lane to be in or stay in on multiple lane highway interchanges. And, if you look, it has pictures to match.

Agree with the chorus of +1s for Wave and the original google rerouting software, which are now integrated in the mapping/navigation software. Interesting/nice to hear: "There is now a quicker route available, would you like to use it?"

P.S.--and also put me in the camp of liking to plan the trip with hard copy maps; we keep a Road Atlas in each vehicle for extreme detours, or to investigate interesting side jaunts.

When I used it a couple of years ago in Verona, Italy, it didn't give a lot of lane info for a big exchange.

Maybe it's improved since then or maybe it just didn't have enough data for that area.

When I used it a couple of years ago in Verona, Italy, it didn't give a lot of lane info for a big exchange.

Maybe it's improved since then or maybe it just didn't have enough data for that area.

Don't know about coverage in Italy... The lane information for the US, however, has improved vastly in the past 6 months. (May not have even carried it 2 years ago. That is the good/bad thing about google maps. Don't blink, or it will be a different interface with a ton more data--some of which you don't care about.)

I regret not bringing our Garmin with bean bag mount on the Atlanta trip. It was tough getting out of the airport at night with just the iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom