Yesterday...all my troubles seem so far away

firewhen

Recycles dryer sheets
A part of me never thought I would be writing this message. I joined here 14 years ago and thought about it for awhile even before that. OMY and excuses and I kept putting it off. It took a voluntary early retirement package for me to finally get the nerve to do it. In retrospect, I am not sure if I ever would have just done it on my own. I still made the decision to take the package:dance:but somehow I needed something like that for me to leave.

I still dont know what it will be like, but I do know that today is my first day of retirement and I dont need to sit in front of a computer all day and answer emails and requests and have zoom meetings and all the other things that go on throughout the day (including after hour and weekend requests). It is almost like waking up in Willie Wonka's chocolate factory and thinking how did I get here:LOL:

It’s the first day of the rest of your life! Congratulations!

Any plans? How will you spend your time? What’s first on your list?

Congrats.
Time to taste all that wonderful chocolate.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! You are in for the best chapter of your life. It took me two years to fully settle into RE, but it was STILL better than w#@rking. Now at eight years in to FIRE, I'd literally do anything I had to to avoid w#@rking for someone else again in my lifetime.

Congratulations! Nothing like it for me. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.

Congratulations! Retirement has been the best part of my life, and I hope and expect that the same will be true for you. :D

:dance:

Love it

My day is 7 work days away so your note definitely hit a chord, especially as I'm sitting through a webex meeting as I type. Enjoy!!

p.s. These last few weeks at work have been excruciating to get through. Even 7 days seems distant.

Last edited:
That's great news! Congratulations! It took me about 24 hours to get used to retirement, I'm sure you'll love it.

Congratulations! Now, every day is your to do what you want! Enjoy :)

Don't feel bad about starting you day looking at Let's Make a Deal and Price is Right. They're such positive tv shows--not like what you were facing the same time of the day at your old place of work.

And it's okay to take a mid afternoon nap.

Now it's YOUR TIME in life. Congratulations on being able to retire early.

Congratulations - the first few weeks can seem surreal, and then it soon becomes normal. Today was an early fall day and I took a walk on a trail in the woods in the afternoon - the leaves were turning and weather was perfect - I hope that never gets old

Good for you! I wish I got a package. I'd have left sooner - :)

Back
Top Bottom