Hi, excited to be here!

Allthebest

Confused about dryer sheets
Hi, very excited to be here. Love reading all the great advice and experience keeps the spirit up.

Little about myself, currently 37, plan to FIRE @. 40, prospects looking good, just waiting for DW to complete her higher studies.

There are some risks but more than happy to take them, believe strongly from very early stage not to spend my whole life in an office, that helped me plan plus got lucky with some risks paying off....

Cheers.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Planning os stopping any kind of work at 40 or just office work?

Planning os stopping any kind of work at 40 or just stopping office work?

Thanks Revlefty.... Jack_Pine, will take a year off and plan to do a small residential building project to keep myself busy for few hours a day, if that returns some profit may do few more over time but with gaps [emoji3]

Sounds like a great retirement. Doing something you enjoy. Best of luck.

Welcome, it's always nice to have more people contributing and sharing ideas and congrats on being in a position to make your dreams become reality.

Hi, very excited to be here. Love reading all the great advice and experience keeps the spirit up.

Little about myself, currently 37, plan to FIRE @. 40, prospects looking good, just waiting for DW to complete her higher studies.

There are some risks but more than happy to take them, believe strongly from very early stage not to spend my whole life in an office, that helped me plan plus got lucky with some risks paying off....

Cheers.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Allthebest. I think you will find plenty of kindred spirits on this site. Retired at 40 is impressive. My original goal was mid 40s although it looks like it will be next March at 55. No regrets because in the last 15 years, my career has afforded me a lot of international travel which in some cases I was able to have my DW accompany me. In the future we will continue this on our own nickel but own terms as well. At any rate, would love to hear your secret at getting it done at 40.

Hornet

Thanks all..... Green Hornet 21, I started quite early with property investments in various countries (as I worked at different ones and working in the financial industry got perks as staff to buy property, 100% funding @ 1% etc) those paid off especially with Asia booming, also similar story with stocks but started that only around age 29, but I would say I got lucky with being at the right place at the right time. Don't really consider myself a great strategic investor. Also what helps is I am not too lavish, currently live in Hong Kong with 2 full time helpers and 2 kids in private school and still able to save around 40% of income, did have 10 good years when we had a double income until 2015 at which point savings rate was much higher. Please don't think I'm bragging just stating my experience here if it helps others, specially younger people. My one advice is work in few countries if possible it will be the best decision you make, purely from a life experience and knowledge perspective, enjoy the long weekend [emoji4]

Congrats on being in such a sweet position at a young age.

If you haven't read it - this FAQ has some good, thought provoking questions about the financial aspects of early retirement:
http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f47/some-important-questions-to-answer-before-asking-can-i-retire-69999.html

Another question to ponder on is "what are you retiring too". In other words - how will you spend your day if you're not locked into a job. Some people struggle with this. Some worry about loss of status/identity. Others worry about how to fill their time, add value. (I didn't have these issues - it's like I was born to be a bum. LOL). Since you have kids at home - I assume being a doting parent will fill some of the time/purpose.

Thanks, those are some very pertinent questions, I may not be going to an office but I think I will have enough on my plate,

1. Kids and aging parents
2. Need to oversee a retail business
3. Need to oversee some commercial and residential buildings, rental income generators
4. My plan to have a pet building project
5. Need to manage a farm (will love that for sure [emoji3])

I see this as my 3rd life, 1st 20 were in school and college- loved college life. 2nd 20 in the corporate world, enjoyed and travelled to at least 25 countries and soon stage 3

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom