Not confused by dryer sheets

cooch96

Full time employment: Posting here.
Greetings!
I've been reading this site for maybe a year, but recently subscribed. My profile claims that I'm confused about dryer sheets. How do I change that? Dryer sheets do not confuse me.
Also, I'd like to use the iPad app more often but I don't see the "make a new thread" button. How do I post on the iPad app?

But my real message is that it's good to find a bunch of folks who seem to be good with personal finance, but don't think it odd to want permanent leisure. It's so counter to most of my experience that I've felt very awkward and alone in the workplace and other settings.

Yeah, I came across that thread a few months ago, so I'm savvy on the birth of that anecdote.
I guess I forgot to post my numbers (this is a very numbers based forum, isn't it ?).

About $300k in various funds, mostly 401k and Roth IRA, but also PM, savings, and a taxable account. $150k left on mortgage, which I'm paying down aggressively. I plan on owning it outright in four years. DW has a job she enjoys very much, but it really just pays for her WAM (walking around money).

My goal is to pay off the mortgage and then change jobs to something less stressful and time consuming. Even a 40hour work week would be an ESR for me.

Welcome!

In the iPad app Click on Community Forums and pick the forum you'd like to compose the new topic in. Then click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select NEW TOPIC.

As for the issue with the dryer sheets, can't help you there. I think that's the default item for all the new folks. As your post count increases, that should change along the way. It's just a little joke referring to all the ways retired folks economize and watch their usage of mundane things like dryer sheets.

I'm going off tangent with the app too. On the PC there is a 'recent threads' box that I like to watch, it also changes color when I have read the topic and there are no new posts. My ipad app doesn't have it. Is there a way to add it?

Back
Top Bottom