$2.73 is the winner

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
reminded me of a lady that worked for me racked up 80k in credit card debt and she and her unemployed, worthless hubby kept digging that hole deeper...clueless

Attachments

• chris-eaton-net-worth.jpg
    chris-eaton-net-worth.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 157
I like cash, real cash, and having very little debt. That said, the cartoon shows that the only person with a positive net worth is a bum - those with debt are the ones who are successful. Hmm. Some truth there - if I pay with check or cash I get no discount, but if I rack up debt through the month Fidelity gives me 2% cash back. My sister has had a series of new cars and car loans while I buy used cars for cash. She, arguably, travels with more safety, comfort, and fewer repairs than me. Conceivably those with a negative net worth are living better than those who eschew debt. Here's a concept - use debt and have a strong net worth! doesn't make as good a cartoon though..

I like cash, real cash, and having very little debt. That said, the cartoon shows that the only person with a positive net worth is a bum

The "bum" made me think of that woman that was panhandling in New York and drove a nice car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the fun part:

Those americans are actually in the bottom 30% in terms of wealth. Try entering 1000 USD here:
Global Rich List

"Your personal wealth is equal to the combined wealth of 1 person in Myanmar."

Now what is wrong with this picture ...

He's not a bum he's a hobo.

Looks more like a bum to me. Hobo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I wanted to grow up to be a hobo at one point. Got into Robert Service poetry and Woody Guthrie music when I was 12 or 13. Sounded like the way to go to me. Even hopped a train once in Richmond, and rode it a couple of miles to school. Won't be trying that one again.

I worked downtown in large city and walked blocks from the train station to work. Every day I'd see a number of "bums" and I learned that they each had their spot, and were pretty regular. Once I went in early, and as I walked by the parking garage, out came one of my "bums" walking very quickly as he ran across the street holding his crutches under his arms. He was in a rush to get to his spot before someone else took it over.
I'm so glad I never gave him any money. :)

Except for student loans, child support, and maybe some alimony agreements, your net worth really can never be negative as you can always file bankruptcy and gain a clean slate (perhaps even slightly positive if they allow you to keep a cheap car).

It is a choice to maintain a negative net worth and in most cases a reasonable one. I would not want to stay at negative net worth for years though...

Except for student loans, child support, and maybe some alimony agreements, your net worth really can never be negative as you can always file bankruptcy and gain a clean slate (perhaps even slightly positive if they allow you to keep a cheap car).

It is a choice to maintain a negative net worth and in most cases a reasonable one. I would not want to stay at negative net worth for years though...
Not all debt is dischargeable in bankruptcy, so you can definitely have a negative net worth.

Ha

Back
Top Bottom