50 worst songs ever

HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

O.K., I'll admit I liked the scorpions as a kid, along with Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, White Snake, Def Lepard etc. etc., now I look back and say, "WTF was I thinking??" :p :uglystupid:

Apologies to any and all, but Lee Greenwood's - God Bless the USA makes me want to go to the mens room at the ballgame.

Saw a bumber sticker yesterday - God Bless the World - Everyone - No Exceptions

My vote is definitly for the aforementioned "Muskrat Love".

And to trash an icononic group......I could never stand The Who's "Squeezebox". If they thought they were being clever they weren't.

Laurence said:
HERE I AM! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!
O.K., I'll admit I liked the scorpions as a kid, along with Motley Crue, Poison, Ratt, White Snake, Def Lepard etc. etc., now I look back and say, "WTF was I thinking??"  :p :uglystupid:
My torpedomen used to listen to Def Leppard's "Pyromania" whenever they were getting ready for a weapons load. They claimed it improved their morale although it raised a few eyebrows.

But no problem, no regrets, send all those albums to me! My kid and I will have a little "This Year in Rock History" lesson next time she needs me to drive her somewhere... that's the price of parental transportation.

kayelem said:
And to trash an icononic group......I could never stand The Who's "Squeezebox". If they thought they were being clever they weren't.
"Class" and "subtlety". Yep, those are the first two words that come to mind whenever I think of Pete Townshend.

I was going to chime in for the missing "Macarena" but someone beat me to it but after listening to the first 12 seconds of William Shatner singing "Lucy in the Sky" (that's all I could stand) it doesn't even come close.

Although luckily it doesn't fit in the category of really bad songs that are also catchy and can't get out of your head. Those are the worst.

As for Midnight at the Oasis, I like that song! I'm not partial to bringing my camel to bed though, they're rather stinky...

"In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonite."

Lala kahle [Sleep well]

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

(Chorus)
Imbube

Ingonyama ifile [The lion's in peace]
Ingonyama ilele [The lion sleeps]
Thula [Hush]

Near the village, the peaceful village
The lion sleeps tonight
The lion sleeps tonight

(Chorus)

Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling
The lion sleeps tonight
Hush, my darling, don't fear, my darling
The lion sleeps tonight

He, ha helelemama [He, ha helelemama]
Ohi'mbube [lion]

(Chorus)

Ixesha lifikile [Time has come]
Lala [Sleep]
Lala kahle [Sleep well]

The lion sleeps tonight
The lion sleeps tonight

(Chorus)

My little darling
Don't fear, my little darling
My little darling
Don't fear, my little darling

This is gotta be Numero Uno!

I never did understand that song and even now seeing the lyrics it's meaning still escapes me.

As for Midnight at the Oasis... I wish I had never mentioned it. Lovely tune except for having it in my head day and night now for over a week.

C__

Outtahere said:
Lovely tune except for having it in my head day and night now for over a week.
For those trying to cleanse their skulls, I'd recommend "Right Now" by Sammy Hagar & Van Halen.

My kid is heartily tired of seeing me head-bang to my own internal soundtrack...

Nords said:
My kid is heartily tired of seeing me head-bang to my own internal soundtrack...

Nords: Please don't tell me you're an air guitar enthusiast. :D

Attachments

• air_guitar_nigel.jpg
    air_guitar_nigel.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 35
cube_rat said:
Nords: Please don't tell me you're an air guitar enthusiast.  :D
Only if I think my 12-year-old is watching. It's even better if she's accompanied by the neighbor's kids. It's a relatively recent phenomenon-- I wouldn't have been caught dead doing this in uniform, but now I have an ER image to maintain.

And how many of you have played Jimi Hendrix's "Star Spangled Banner" for your kids? Or shown them the Flying Townshend? C'mon, we have a responsibility to pass this culture on to future generations!!

A few months after ER I was waiting at a stop light and helping John Bonham get through "Stairway to Heaven". Right in the middle of a particularly difficult riff (on my steering wheel) I looked around and made eye contact with the driver of the adjacent car-- my mother-in-law.

It's not a question of when I'm going to grow up... more like "if". The upside is that it's not hard to live up to my standards.

"Stairway to Heaven" is my all time favorite. DH and I used to go to so many concerts back in the day, pre-kids. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, CSNY, Jethro Tull......oh the memories! I am starting to feel young again!

Dreamer

Dreamer, you just reminded me that it's OK to admit we are products of the 60's "ish" times.

If I could collect a nickel for every time I listened to Locomotive Breath, I could retire.

Ahhh, Tull, Zappa, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Joplin, Little Feat, .......

OldAgePensioner said:
Ahhh,  Tull, Zappa, Deep Purple, Hendrix, Joplin, Little Feat, .......

Heck just listening to them brings on that buzz without having to inhale LOL

Outtahere,
me and a (still) pal "J-Mac" used to sneak out at night in Westchester (Los Ang) to play at the underground jazz clubs in VB.

If you can get a mp3 copy of "Stanley Clarke and Mr. Billy Cobham" Live at the Greek, listen to the bass riff at about 3 minutes in. Best ever. Not even close.

I can do that, well, I think I can, maybe, it's close, and if nobody is lookin..... or listening. I was a contender. Yes, I was.

"Maneater" Hall & Oates. The quintessential annoying 80's duo.

"Afternoon Delight" - Starland Vocal Band. Beyond cheesy. Think I saw an old video of them performing....which made it worse, visualizing those two getting it on.

"99 Luftballoons" - Artist? Some euro chick/band.

OldAgePensioner said:
Outtahere,
me and a (still) pal "J-Mac" used to sneak out at night in Westchester (Los Ang) to play at the underground jazz clubs in VB.

If you can get a mp3 copy of "Stanley Clarke and Mr. Billy Cobham" Live at the Greek, listen to the bass riff at about 3 minutes in.  Best ever.  Not even close.

I can do that, well, I think I can, maybe, it's close, and if nobody is lookin..... or listening.  I was a contender.  Yes, I was.

Would that be "Stanley Clarke and Friends"??

How many guitarists does it take to play a solo?

Five; one to play it, and four to stand around saying "I could do that..."

:p

HFWR,
I agree, my guitar skills are lower than (way, way lower than) you suggest.   :D

I reek.

Going off-line for a while. Chillin, havin a Bud .

I was telling my DH about this thread, and some of your suggestions for the worst song ever. We laughed! I think he came up with the winner, though. Remember the song, "Having My Baby" (what a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me...) I don't remember who sang it, but yuck!!

:D

CJ

Oh gosh I remember that one...it was by Paul Anka.. I think it was one of those songs he tried to make a come back with. Yuck is right!

C__

I forgot about that sappy pregnancy song :p I bet she (I think he wrote this for his wife) wasn't singing "I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me" when she was dilated to 9. I know I was cussing out my husband and slapping him hard in the face with a wet face cloth.

Here are the lyrics for those who truly love torture.:

(You're) Having My Baby"

(As recorded by Paul Anka)
PAUL ANKA

Having my baby
What a lovely way of saying how much you love me
Having my baby
What a lovely way of saying what you're thinkin' of me
I can see it, your face is glowing
I can see it in your eyes
I'm happy in knowin'
That you're having my baby

You're the woman I love
And I love what it's doin' to you
Having my baby
You're a woman in love
And I love what's goin' thru you
The need inside you
I see it showin'
Oh, the seed inside you baby
Do you feel it growin'
Are you happy knowin'
That you're having my baby

Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me")
Having my baby
Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' thru me")
Didn't have to keep it
Couldn't put you thru it
You could have swept it from your life
But you wouldn't do it
No you wouldn't do it
And you're having my baby
Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what it's doin' to me")
Having my baby
Girl: ("I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' thru me")
Having my baby

(c) Copyright 1974 by Spanka Music Corportion.

- SONG HITS, December 1974.

Back
Top Bottom