Are you still listening to OTA radio?

I like to tune into a station in Madison, Wis., called WORT-FM. It's not an on-campus station but a listener-supported independent (i send them a few bucks now and then). They stream online in addition to broadcasting OTA; I can get their signal pretty well about 40 miles from their transmitter. Their website has streaming capabilities, and their programming is well worth a listen, IMO.

Anytime I'm near Madison, WI it's 94.1 JJO. Madison's Solid Rock.
I love that station. :dance:
And I'm 50!

When I do, I'm listening to one of the Oregon Public Broadcasting stations, either for news or the local jazz broadcasts. My other over-the-air activity is generally amateur radio operations.

I was wondering this because there are a lot of OTA radio stations in large cities and of course there are radio stations scattered throughout the U.S. A. So with that, the problem I have with OTA radio, whether it be on AM or the FM band is.... commercials! I hate them, and it seems it gets worse every year.

So I have migrated to online radio. It seems to be better with Alexa in some situations. If you are listening to OTA radio, how can you stand the commercials? The commercials are so very long. So that is what I am doing about it and I have more variety and better stations and less commercials. I would like to get others thoughts on this as to how everyone is listening to the radio.

Great post! I use iheartradio commercial free , Itunes for playlists. Locally, it is Houston Public Media (NPR) & KPFT (pacifica). I also play old ACL episodes- a lot. There is a wonderful streaming show called Moving Art on NF- beautiful tunes & amazing film work.

I still keep CDs loaded up- my desktop radio/ 5 cd/ 2 cassette player still works- it's almost 25 YO and I bought it used on EB!

Back
Top Bottom