Bacon - How Do You Cook It?

38Chevy454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Taking off on the eating bacon thread. What is your favorite way to cook bacon?

Mine is microwave until it's crunchy. Use a microwave bacon tray, with paper towel covering for splatter.

Pan fry with spatter shield on top. Wife likes to bake it.

Pan fry with a bacon press on top, then use the grease to fry eggs.

No bacon in the photo, unfortunately.

Attachments

• 0BAB521B-F35F-4FF6-BB3C-AB383949C07C.jpeg
    0BAB521B-F35F-4FF6-BB3C-AB383949C07C.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 59
Pan fry on relatively low heat so it doesn’t spatter too much.

That's my McMuffin!

Cut a slice in half, fry it and pop the egg in the residue, flip it and put on a muffin, then a slice of cheese and the bacon on top.

Easy, neat and fast - :)

In the oven on a sheet pan. Cook a whole pound at one time and by using aluminum foil, relatively little clean up. Though, I still have a hard time pulling it off without my smoke alarm going off. :)

Taking off on the eating bacon thread. What is your favorite way to cook bacon?

Mine is microwave until it's crunchy. Use a microwave bacon tray, with paper towel covering for splatter.

I do the exact same thing. My microwave has a bacon setting. I use it and it comes out great most of the time. Other times it might take another 10-20 seconds to get it all done to my liking. From package to package, cooking time can vary. I am particular in choosing a pack that is ~50% fat, equally distributed. I cook 3 pcs at a time most of the time. Seldom more than that.

Baked on a cookie sheet in the oven.

We generally buy the Columbus turkey bacon from Costco for us. When cooking breakfast for guests, my wife buys the regular bacon and I usually pan fry on lower heat so as not to smoke up and burn. I believe in the "moderation in all things" philosophy as far as fatty bacon is concerned. I regard the fat as "sewage for the arteries". Have you ever noticed as the grease cools it turns white and lard-like? But it tastes great and I will not hesitate to consume it from time to time.....

Pan fry. I usually eat bacon once or twice a month.

I remember as a kid my dad would throw an entire package in a frying pan on the stove top, cover it, and check it periodically until it was done. He'd drain and then make BLT sandwiches while watching TV in the evening. Not the most conventional way of cooking a pound of bacon! :)

Mike

I pan fry after cutting off the chunk-o-fat & halving it. Medium cook (just not brittle) and cover with a paper towel for no-splatter. Towel soaks up just enough to cook eggs in the remaining. Over medium is my preference for eggs...

Oven on a rack in a sheet pan. Grease drips off and stays very clean to be saved, no spatter, bacon remains flat if needed for final intended use (assuming not all eaten right off the rack). Never stove top again!

Slow in a pan, to about medium+.

Pan fried in a heavy Lodge cast iron pan.
Just had some about 5 minutes ago.:dance:

In the oven on a sheet pan. Cook a whole pound at one time and by using aluminum foil, relatively little clean up. Though, I still have a hard time pulling it off without my smoke alarm going off. :)

I do this, but I make little extra strips of the foil to raise up the bacon in parts, like a large-spaced grid, so they get crisper quicker.

I flip them halfway, never had a smoke issue though!

We prefer them NOT crispy, just before they turn so you can still chew them. The same way one would eat proper "Back" bacon.

Back
Top Bottom