College World Series

Beavers escape the hanging. Beavs are down 3-0 and looking bad. (reports as i am in a class) Finally tie game up at 4 in the 6th. Then......rain delay. 4.5 hours. That seemed to energize them as they pound the Huskies 14-5.

Huskies first ones to go 2 & BBQ

2nd game of yesterday is postponed to today. NC vs Miss State. Looks like thunderstorms and showers for rest of the week

I hate all these rain delays. Wonder why they did not build the new Omaha stadium with a retractable roof?

Dogs beat UNC for their 2nd win. One more win and they're in the CWS finals. Hard to believe they have come this far after such a poor start to the season.

Dogs beat UNC for their 2nd win. One more win and they're in the CWS finals. Hard to believe they have come this far after such a poor start to the season.

hey we aren't worried about the winners bracket. We are worried about the imminent hanging for one of us. It's UNC vs OS V2.0 now

It's a lot more "interesting" after your first loss

Owww.. Miss. State gave my Tar Heels are real beating, hope UNC can recover tomorrow.

Go Razorbacks!

Looks like the Razorbacks have the upper hand in the finals with a rested staff. Beavers fight back through the loser bracket escaping the hanging 4 times. But...the pitching is on fumes. Every starter will be on short rest. Unless.....they start a reliever in the first game of the finals. Essentially "giving up" the first game. Then the rotation falls into place. High risk strategy. Be interesting to see what Pat Casey decides

Here's to a great game for the Beavers, while hoping the Razorbacks win.

Although LSU beat the Beavers last year, the Beavers delivered a quick payback this year. Anyhow, being an SEC fan, have to pull for the hogs.

True story of the 2002 WS champs the Texas Longhorns. Our son played for CUA a D-3 college in Austin . For season opener of the 2002 season the Horns were to play UT Arlington . The only problem was UT Arlington could not get out because of massive rains and floods. Augie called CUA and asked if the boys from CUA would want to play U T season opener . This lit CUA up like a hurricane hit , you see in Austin (baseball ) everyone knows everyone . So the CUA team goes to the chapel praying that they are going to slay the early ranked No 1 team in the nation.
The day of the big game was a rocken DF stadium . Radio vans all around the stadium
If you have ever experienced U T opening day it is a show.
The first batter for CUA comes to bat a 5'4 centerfielder from CC Moody . The UT fans start calling him the batboy.The kid hits the ball and bounces off the top rail a double . CUA takes the lead in the 1st. Our boys thought they were on their way .
So we battled but we lost , our son pitched 3 hitless innings . One of the players he faced was an all American UT thought all world. The coach for CUA said throw him nothing but changeups and curveballs . The guy was a slugger but, first season game he was so far ahead of the ball all he could do was pop it up . This was a double header, about middle of the second game the U T fans started cheering for CUA in a friendly way . We lost both games , we were in both games . U T went on to become WS champs CUA went on to play in the D-III WS . This was the golden age of baseball . Our son was a lefthanded pitcher throwing hi of 86 mph . In his district we had two boys that never played college baseball , one was drafted 4th overall but I think both of them won CY Youngs. Our son was blessed to train with some very good people and some knowledge from Roger Clemons . He never made it to the bigs but he has a College WS ring and so many memories

That’s a great story Breedlove. As a UT fan I don’t remember the games you describe, but I sure remember the year. Sounds like your son did great. And like you said, the memories are worth cherishing.

That was a great year for Texas baseball UT won the DI World Series and Concordia University of Austin went to the DIII WS for the first time in history. When CUA went to the DIII they had a banquet a couple nights before for only players , coaches and media . The coach from Conn. made his speech and ended it by saying the folks from Texas might want to start packing . The next day the late game is #8 CUA VS #1 Conn. 14 innings later , A Conn player hits a bloop grounder down 3rd baseline with a man on Conn. won. The next game CUA played it was sleeting 39 degrees against Wisc. Oshkosh. we lost but it was fun . Kind of a side bar when we played in the first game against Conn their coach was so excited when they scored the run to beat CUA he ran onto the field fell down and had to be taken to a hospital for a broken leg . Since then Schools from Texas have pretty much owned the DIII WS . This year I think Texas Lutheran in SA won it all . A scout told us when our son was in HS that if you could start for a Texas 5 A HS you were a stud . We love Texas baseball because it is so good . There are kids that their families move to Houston to play with the best and hope of going to the majors . Remember a first baseman from Cleveland OH . whose family moved to SW Houston for this reason.

Last edited:
Welp, Arkansas only 27 outs from the title. Beavers starter was cruising along and then he wasn't. Arkansas scored 4 runs on 1 hit in the 5th I think. Walks, WP, HBP. It was a scorers nightmare :facepalm:

Relief pitcher for OS was electric with 11 K's but Beavers could not mount any serious threats against the Arkansas bullpen

Final Score Arkansas 4 Beavers 1

As Jesse Jackson says Keep Hope Alive! :D

As Jesse Jackson says Keep Hope Alive! :D

Not dead yet! Beavers escape another hanging. That is 5 elimination games in this CWS the Beavs have won. Tonight was an epic. An all timer.

Arkansas up 3-2 in T9. Beavers get a man to third but 2 outs. Hitter pops up a foul ball off of first base. Difficult play and the ball drops foul. Couple pitches later hitter strokes a single to tie the game up at 3. Next hitter goes yard as the AR closer is tiring. 2 run homer. Think Gibson in the World Series. Beavs win 5-3

Tune in tomorrow for the last game of the NCAA baseball year. Should be fun

Boy....Arky could be NC's if they had caught that fly ball. Wasn't a given, but I bet they catch that 75% of the time. They will be remembering that one play the rest of their lives if they go on to lose tonight's game.

I was wondering why I had not seen anything on this and decided to concentrate for this last game and record it... but it is on ESPNU!!!

Who would put earlier games on regular ESPN and the finals on U:confused:

Oh well, I will just have to keep watching soccer...

If anyone has followed college ball at all you'd see that OSU is the best comeback team in baseball and also the best two out hitting team this year. Should be a great final game. Good luck. We'll need it. I think Pat Casey is pitching tonight. No one left.

Boy....Arky could be NC's if they had caught that fly ball. Wasn't a given, but I bet they catch that 75% of the time. They will be remembering that one play the rest of their lives if they go on to lose tonight's game.

I really feel sorry for the Pigs (LSU fan here). When I saw that pop up, I thought the game, and the CWS, was over. They should have caught it. The ball fell right in the middle of three players. If they don’t pull it out tonite, they will forever remember that foul ball and think of what a huge missed opportunity it was.

I was wondering why I had not seen anything on this and decided to concentrate for this last game and record it... but it is on ESPNU!!!

Who would put earlier games on regular ESPN and the finals on U:confused:

Oh well, I will just have to keep watching soccer...

I watched it on ESPN last night. I don't even have ESPNU. I missed the early part of the game so it's possible something else ran over and they started it on the U.

Good game for the Beavers , I haven't seen but both teams bullpens have to be gone . Someone ( a pitcher ) will come to play tonight and have enough gas . Both teams seem to be hitting right now . My money is on the Hogs , don't care for the SEC . But there are some boys from Houston on ARK . I have heard . Always cheer for hometown boys.

I watched it on ESPN last night. I don't even have ESPNU. I missed the early part of the game so it's possible something else ran over and they started it on the U.

I had not looked for the first two games, so it could have been on ESPN... but tonight's game is not... and I do not have U either...

I really feel sorry for the Pigs (LSU fan here). When I saw that pop up, I thought the game, and the CWS, was over. They should have caught it. The ball fell right in the middle of three players. If they don’t pull it out tonite, they will forever remember that foul ball and think of what a huge missed opportunity it was.

That’s what I love about baseball it’s not over until the last out. A game of inches. Walks kill.

This is the second game I watched this year that a pop up coulda,shoulda been caught to win the game. The other being TCU vs Baylor for the big 12 championship with the loser out of the post season.

I have no favorite in this one. Great baseball. What you would expect in the CWS.

Back
Top Bottom