College World Series

Texas is in. Always nerve racking. Never easy. But it sure is fun to watch. The emotions of college baseball are great

OP here, Duke just eliminated. Tar Heels did not want to play Duke in Omaha--you know, rivalry and all.

Poor guy. That's going to haunt him for a long time. It wouldn't have been an easy catch, but he'll always know he had it.

None out, so even if the ball drops in play, he's still on 2nd or 3rd and likely scores.

Auburn: his teammates embraced him. They played there hearts out. He almost made the play. Great game. Great supers. That’s what I love about baseball it’s a game of inches and feet.

Wow. Just watched the posted replay. Feel bad for the kid. I’m sure he will be inconsolable for a while.
Reminds me when as a Texas Ranger, Jose Canseco had a ball bounce off his head and over the fence for a HR. At least this kid did better than that. And Jose was a major leaguer.

We are in Lubbock and my husband and I plus our children went to TTU. We are very happy! How many teams go to Omaha?

My son just graduated in May from Tech. Me and the rest of my family are Longhorns, but we love him anyway [emoji4].

Eight teams go to Omaha. Two, 4 team brackets play double elimination. Then the winners of each bracket square off for the championship.

Tech baseball has really hit the national radar with your new coach Tim Tadlock. I hope they do well. I think they’re in the opposite bracket from Texas.

My son just graduated in May from Tech. Me and the rest of my family are Longhorns, but we love him anyway [emoji4].

Eight teams go to Omaha. Two, 4 team brackets play double elimination. Then the winners of each bracket square off for the championship.

Tech baseball has really hit the national radar with your new coach Tim Tadlock. I hope they do well. I think they’re in the opposite bracket from Texas.

Nope. Same side. The Oregon State side seems a bit easier as 2 #3 seeds made it to Omaha. The Tx/TTU/Fla/Ark are all national seeds. But everybody there is hot and thinks they have a shot at all the marbles

https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2018

Last edited:
Nope. Same side. The Oregon State side seems a bit easier as 2 #3 seeds made it to Omaha. The Tx/TTU/Fla/Ark are all national seeds. But everybody there is hot and thinks they have a shot at all the marbles

You are correct. Dang, it looks tough. As you say, every team is hot. Washington seems like the unusual outlier. But the other 7 are not unfamiliar with Omaha.

I was wishing the two Texas teams were on opposite brackets, but alas not...

And as you say, both have a battle to make it to the end...

Just some trivia I saw... this is UTs 36th time to go to the CWS.... no other team has been over 25 times...

Just checked... only 5 other teams have been 20 or more times....

Looking at the stats... Southern Cal has been 21 times and has won it 12!!! Texas has only won 6 times...

It is suppose to be 100 degrees and sunny Saturday and Sunday in Omaha. Which team(s) does the help or hurt?

It is suppose to be 100 degrees and sunny Saturday and Sunday in Omaha. Which team(s) does the help or hurt?

It's not going to be good for the Beavs, It hasn't even been in the 80's here yet. For the Supers it was about 65 & showering. Plus we don't have much humidity...unless you count the rain. So naturally we get the first game & the day game. Advantage UNC

UNC has played in the 90s and in humidity of course, but I don't think we have played at 100 degrees this year. 100 degrees gets to the unsafe level for players and spectators.

Wow. Just watched the posted replay. Feel bad for the kid. I’m sure he will be inconsolable for a while.
Reminds me when as a Texas Ranger, Jose Canseco had a ball bounce off his head and over the fence for a HR. At least this kid did better than that. And Jose was a major leaguer.

I seem to recall after the game Canseco denying the ball hit his head:LOL:

Yes, Tim Tadlock is going well for the Red Raiders. We are looking forward to the games!

First College World series games today. My UNC Tar Heels v Oregon State at 3 pm eastern time on ESPN. We had hoped to be there but DH has had some health issues, maybe we can make it later if the Tar Heels keep winning. DH could probably make it to some night games but he cannot sit out in 100 degree weather (and I don't think I could either).

GO HEELS!!

Tar Heels pull out the win! Wow a very strange game. Ugly game, took forever and UNC had to use all their pitchers. But a win is a win...

Tar Heels pull out the win! Wow a very strange game. Ugly game, took forever and UNC had to use all their pitchers. But a win is a win...

Congrats to the heels. You played better than da Beavs. And the game would have been shorter if Fox hadn't decided to use 47 pitchers. Will be interesting to see how he plays Monday game. You are on the right side of the bracket. The winners side!

The UNC pitching issue started with the starting pitcher Dalatri. He was our #1 pitcher at the beginning of the season, but missed several months with an arm injury. He came back and pitched OK in the regionals and super regionals. In the first inning he called for the trainer and said his arm did not feel right, that it felt dead. After that Coach Fox had to patch together pitchers.

Oregon State also used a lot of pitchers, Their #1 pitcher lasted last than 3 innings and threw a lot of balls.

I wonder if the heat (it was 100 degrees) had anything to do with it.

Anyway, UNC played well defensively and had no errors and made some great throws. I think Oregon State had 3 errors and got caught on 2 steals and that may have been the difference in the game

State wins a low scoring game over Washington 1-0. I'll take it. Good pitching and fielding by both teams.

Back
Top Bottom