Daylight Saving Time Again!

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
It’s that time again, fellow forum members. We lose an hour tonight, so don’t forget to turn your clocks ahead.

Yah!! I like daylight savings time. I hate it when it gets dark at 5:30.

Spring forward, fall back.

Will this be the year we finally get rid of this anachronism (pun intended)?

It's actually Daylight Saving Time, not "Savings", but I like it also. :)

I always think it's funny how the media says we lose an hour of sleep. My sleep varies a lot anyway, so it's never been any more noticeable to me than the typical night of sleep, but an easy solution to the time change and the supposed lost hour of sleep is just to go to bed an hour earlier.

Now, I'll have more hours of light again after I get off work. I probably wouldn't care much about what time the clock read if I was retired.

Last edited:
I already changed the clocks. Nice how once retired, losing the hour on the clock really doesn't matter much no alarm to wake me up.

Our kid (26) starts a new job on Monday after having been off work the past three weeks (known layoff). Unfortunate time to start a new job with the time change.

I have a haircut scheduled for Monday at 9:30am, so I guess I will have to suffer through the time change for that. :D

Yes indeed it's DST time again! [emoji87]

More time for afternoon golf. :)

I've been going to bed earlier and waking up earlier in preparation, otherwise I'm tired for days afterwards. The fall isn't so bad, I just feel like I'm staying up a little later and sleeping a little later, which is my normal inclination when I don't have to w*rk.

I just find it ludicrous that we declare it earlier or later for no good reason. People find reasons to like it, but really, there's no point in relabeling time.

Yeah.
Tampa FLA already has on average 30-40 minutes more daylight than the NEast where I came from.

Yah!! I like daylight savings time. I hate it when it gets dark at 5:30.

5:30 is not so bad. Have the winter it is dark by 4P by me. I hate having 8 hours of daylight. I can't imagine how people live further north where they have no sunlight for several months.

I just wish we would pick one time and stick with it!
I have always had difficulty adjusting, its just not as bothersome now that I am retired.

I would prefer permanent Standard Time.

IMO, DST is like cutting two feet off the bottom of your blanket, sewing it onto the top of the blanket, and thinking you have made the blanket two feet longer.

Last edited:
I would prefer permanent Standard Time.

INMO, DST is like cutting two feet off the bottom of your blanket, sewing it onto the top of the blanket, and thinking you have made the blanket two feet longer.

I really don't care which way we go. I just want the time changes to end.

Where we live on the 46th parallel, though, year round DST means sunrise at something like 8:45 AM on the shortest days of the year and there is concern about kids going to school in the dark.

The kid in me wants to see the switch back to Standard Time done the last weekend in October, not the first weekend in November. Trick-or-treating is meant to be done after sunset!

I want time to end. Let me explain: I think there should be one time everywhere. Let's say it's currently 7 am in NYC. That would mean in our current system it would be 4 am in LA. Who cares? Let it be 0700 everywhere in the world. NYC and LA. If you lived in NYC and you worked you would go to work at 0700. If you lived in LA you would go to work at 1000. If you lived in HI you would go to work at 1300. One time for the whole world. Yes, if we used my suggestion it would be easy to figure out that the sun would come up there(in HI) at 1200 or so and I would go to work at 1300.

Last edited:
They should just leave it at Daylight Savings Time and not change it.

I just wish we would pick one time and stick with it!
I have always had difficulty adjusting, its just not as bothersome now that I am retired.
Agree: The sun has been been 'gradually increasing' daylight hours for us since Saturday, December 21 @ 10:19 PM
Leave it at that.

I want time to end. Let me explain: I think there should be one time everywhere. Let's say it's currently 7 am in NYC. That would mean in our current system it would be 4 am in LA. Who cares? Let it be 0700 everywhere in the world. NYC and LA. If you lived in NYC and you worked you would go to work at 0700. If you lived in LA you would go to work at 1000. If you lived in HI you would go to work at 1300. One time for the whole world. Yes, if we used my suggestion it would be easy to figure out that the sun would come up there(in HI) at 1200 or so and I would go to work at 1300.
THANK YOU!! You must also work across time zones. :cool: :LOL:
This whole "noon is when the sun is overhead" is not a proper system of measurement! It's just labels, which is why it drives me crazy that we re-label time twice a year when we could just shift our activities. (Although I'm not really in favor of that, either, as it throws off my circadian rhythm.)

People's answers will depend on where they are in the time zone. Those in the center of a zone seem happy to keep it. Those on the edges may have gripes either way. Western edge timezone people suffer through dark mornings in winter, even at moderate latitudes, if DST goes year round.

Nothing to change on my AZ clock, but have to change my New Mexico clock.

I despise the time change.

I've been grouchy :mad: , headachy :(, giving my family a hard time:facepalm:. almost snarled at our innocent little dog.

And I foolishly didn't look close enough at the calendar to realize the time shift when I made the appointment for tomorrow -- 8:30 am. :banghead:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom