Did you name your car?

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I finally came up with a name for my new Rav4. That left me wondering if other people name their cars? If so, what name did you choose? Why?

My Rav4’s name is CARavaggio.

The silver bullet

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.31.49 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 4.31.49 PM.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 35
No cars, just bikes;

Bonnie - Triumph Bonneville
Rita - BMW R1200RT

I've never given any of my cars a name. That doesn't mean I've never called them a name when the circumstances called for it.

Ditto.

Now the electric vehicles at the Farm are Poly(DW's) and Old Blu(mine). A 2011 Polaris 4 wheel ATV and a ? 1970's Westinghouse Marketeer 3 wheel rescued from a barm and restored to running.

I asked and she never named the tractors or vehicles growing up. But the last set of plow horses 'Bill and Barney' were allowed to live out their old age when she was a child.

heh heh heh - :cool:

Last edited:
I picked my Volvo up at the Factory Delivery Center in Sweden two years ago and found out that many Volvo owners name their cars. I had never done it before, but it sounded like fun and I tried to think of a short but significant name.

A Swedish custom that I came to enjoy very much is Fika, so that's what I named my car.
Fika is a social institution in Sweden and the practice of taking a break with a beverage and snack is widely accepted as central to Swedish life
You can't go anywhere over there without running into little cafes where you can get a good coffee and one of their incredible cinnamon buns.

Our Rav4 is "Rava", and our Prius or at least the GPS in it is Mabel.

Reer to my 3/4 ton suburban as the bus. No labels for the other wheel.

My first car when I was 16.

66' Chevelle SS 396. Nadine.
I sure miss her

not our cars...well, my '46 Willys CJ2A is..."Willy". our motorhomes have always been..,"The Banana Boat" (currently on Banana Boat III)

Normally did not name cars with exceptions. My first car was The Gray Ghost or Marie's Bumper Car (per DF).

Current car is "Teeny Little Supercar."

We don't usually name cars. But DWs Chevy Vega while we were dating was nicknamed the "Bondo Buggy".

not our cars...well, my '46 Willys CJ2A is..."Willy". our motorhomes have always been..,"The Banana Boat" (currently on Banana Boat III)
When I was growing up we had a yellow boat that was fondly referred to as "The Yellow Banana".

I've named several over the years. When I get serious about a name I order personalized tags for them.

Yes. Named our Ford Escape “the lemon”.

Meet Monte.

Attachments

• 100_3967.jpg
    100_3967.jpg
    832.4 KB · Views: 21
My parents used to name their cars, back in the 1940's and 1950's.

I haven't ever named a car.

When I was growing up we had a yellow boat that was fondly referred to as "The Yellow Banana".

When younger we had a number of aluminum boats at the dock, so they all had a name so we could easily say "I'm taking out the shrimp".

I never named a car.
In fact I refer my car as a car, but it's really a van.

My first car was a chevy vega. I named it "junk", which it was. After that, I was fortunate to always have cars that i was much more fond of. Therefore, they all shared names with beloved pets plus "car" or "truck" as appropriate. My two Priuses are "Rachel Car" and "Phoebe Car"

DW names her cars, I do not. Her list:

Lincoln Navigator - Bullwinkle
Lexus SUV RX330 - Rocky
Mercedes GLK (with lunar blue paint) - Luna
Mercedes GLE 350 (with lunar blue paint) - Looney

For boats, I worked so much on the first used boat with a Volvo Penta engine it became known as 'The Anti-Christ"
Second (new) boat with a Mercruiser I/O was "Redeemer"

We have an '07 Santa Fe. It's my workhorse. The cargo rack and receiver hitch carrier see regular duty as a beast of burden. We refer to it as the "dun cha." Literal translation of "sh_t car" in Korean (Hangul). In this case, it's a term of endearment, and not disparaging toward a reliable old beater.

Back
Top Bottom