Did you name your car?

My wife *usually* names cars. One of her first was a Rambler (I think) she named Mortimer. Still makes me laugh.

I've normally not named vehicles. However, wife is main river of our Honda CR-V which she has started calling 'red Yeti' and our RV, of which I'm the main driver, is temporarily 'the Beast' but we expect more formal names to reveal themselves as we travel.

My first car was a used Ford Pinto. I named it the "Bomb-mobile" due to the "exploding gas tank" feature...

We don't name our cars, but refer to them by color instead of their make/model. e.g. "what are we taking today, the red car or the grey car?"

All mine have and have had the same name with a "-1. -2, -3" etc. Purdie, named after a very reputable manufacturer's product in the UK.

I don't keep them long enough to name them. Although I have made some references to them at times that I can't post here.

When I was growing up we had a yellow boat that was fondly referred to as "The Yellow Banana".

my BIL is an artist working mostly with ceramics. when we bought our first motor home back in 1986 and christened it The Banana Boat he made a piece for us to commemorate the occasion. we kept it on the dash in Banana Boat I (1986-2000) and again in BB II (2000-2915). we now have BB III but we also have a dog that likes to get up on the dash so we keep it at home now. (the object on top of the wheeled banana is a wolf howling at the moon).

v1PwEe1l.jpg

When younger we had a number of aluminum boats at the dock, so they all had a name so we could easily say "I'm taking out the shrimp".

I never named a car.
In fact I refer my car as a car, but it's really a van.

my grandpa’s fishing boat was the “BoJo” (pronounced BooJoe). .shortened from grandma’s nickname and grandpa’s first name.

My first car was a 69 Plymouth Valiant. I bought it for $625. Had about 70k miles. It was called Cedrick the Wonder Car. Was named after the cat in the movie "The Sailor Who Fell from Grace With the Sea" which I saw many times as I worked at a movie theater.

That was such a great and obscure name I knew I would never top it all I never tried. My wife named my 97 Silver 528 The Shrine.

Meet Victoria the Volvo.

Attachments

• IMG_2027.JPG
    IMG_2027.JPG
    799.5 KB · Views: 23
Thinking it's going to be called Grand Theft Auto as it's not showing up like they said it was. I'm not happy.

We (mostly DW and DD) have named some of our cars. The current Honda Odyssey is Large Marge, both for it's significant backside and it's tendency to nag me when I'm driving. DW's first car also had a name, and we use that for the security question "What model was your first car?" Nobody would ever guess that one, even if they could access DMV records.

Escalade aka Pretentious

Comparing my Escalade to a couple friends Suburban the only difference is the insignia and a larger motor.

I bought it for two reasons 1) local Chevy dealer was selling for a song 2) I am really an immature teenager excited by large powerful trucks.

I assume you are talking about the new Tesla? :confused:
Yes, it finally showed up unannounced on the 29th. It wasn't the best introduction to Tesla but now. Wow. I have never felt acceleration like this before. Besides that it really does pretty much autodrive on the highway. You do have to touch the wheel now and then, it interrupts when you are trying to make martinis. DW calls it a space ship.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom