Empire Carpet

cube_rat

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was sucked into the commercial about a month ago and ordered carpet for the top floor and stairs. It was installed last Monday and quite frankly I haven't had a chance to inspect the quality and workmanship as I just rolled off a 75 hour work week.

I was vacumming the stairs and much to my dismay, there are "holes" in some places, so I inspected the "holes" and there is loose pile which I pulled out! I mean it came right out the thingy (sorry I don't know what the burlap looking stuff is called under the pile). I mean I can pull the pile right out and create "holes". The rooms and the hallways don't have this problem, it seems to be located on the stairs. I'm so angry right now. $2100 bucks for friggin crappy carpet . I'm calling them tomorrow as I start another 75 hour work week!

Has anyone else dealt with Empire carpet?

No, but the one piece of advice I can offer for anyone with new carpet is to obtain about 4-5 vacuum bags and change the bag after the first and second vacuum of each room...or at least monitor the bag level. New carpet sheds a LOT and my father-in-law the retired flooring guy says that a lot of people screw up their vacuum cleaners trying to vac new carpet on one bag.

Did you put it on a credit card? If so, contact the card company about the problems, and refuse to pay until it's made right. They should be on your side.

Back
Top Bottom