End of Season Sales

haha

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just got a really nice coffee table which will double as a dining table for floor sitting, and 5 very nice directors’ chairs which will do everything I need in the sitting department, all for $260 at Cost Plus.

Over time I might add a couch and I'll need some floor lamps, but otherwise I'm about set. My place has nice light colored oak flooring. I may get an area rug to make it more comfy to sit on the floor around the table.

I don't enjoy furniture shopping but I saw this stuff a few nights ago on a walk, bought it and today my son helped me pick it up.

I am beginning to feel moved in, though I am still sleeping on an air mattress. Must be a pretty good one, because I sleep like a stone on it.

Ha

I just got a really nice coffee table which will double as a dining table for floor sitting, and 5 very nice directors’ chairs which will do everything I need in the sitting department, all for $260 at Cost Plus.

Over time I might add a couch and I'll need some floor lamps, but otherwise I'm about set. My place has nice light colored oak flooring. I may get an area rug to make it more comfy to sit on the floor around the table.

I don't enjoy furniture shopping but I saw this stuff a few nights ago on a walk, bought it and today my son helped me pick it up.

I am beginning to feel moved in, though I am still sleeping on an air mattress. Must be a pretty good one, because I sleep like a stone on it.

Ha

Glad you found some nice furniture and are feeling moved in.

As for the air mattress - - I agree, they are GREAT!! I sleep really well on them, too.

Anyone have a handle on when golf equipment starts going on deeper sale?

Ha,
Seems like you are settling in .I love director's chairs .They are so versatile . Maybe Craig's list for the couch ?

Glad to hear things are settling down and you've moved in. I hate furnature shopping as well. If you sleep so well on the air mattress maybe just a frame of some sort to put it on would suffice.

Congrats on the new place, Ha!

I relish the idea of starting over with a new place--no old clutter and furnishing little by little with stuff that suits me, rather than feeling pressured to buy whole sets of everything at once. It might take a long time to get everything you need but time's what retired folks have in abundance.

Ha

I slept on one during my grad school tenure. I went away to school and pretty much took zero pieces of furniture with me. Worked out well for me until it developed a small air leak. I patched it up but I still woke up on the hard tile floor every morning. I ended up getting one of those camping pads.

Where did you settle Ha? In the city or are you out a ways?

Back
Top Bottom