Family Life and Female Officer?

Eagle43 said:
But, of course.  This is a forum and you have free speech.  Protected by the very military that you seem to loathe.  So, be my guest and go get 'em!  :D

The military doesn't protect anything I value these days. Its just an extension of overbearing state power perpetuating the cycle of violence in this world.

W\But we aren't going to even come close to agreeing, so let's just let it be, huh?

brewer, why don't you go somewhere you "value?" Your posts absolutely turn my stomach. Why do you inject your loathing of your country and the military into a post where you cannot possibly make a contribution? Actually, I try to avoid all of your posts. And I mistakenly thought I could get away from you in this thread.

And Azanon, your outbursts and apologies are getting old.

Leslie

All right guys, don't make me use this!

img_377617_0_09ab75b2acef83748beeb8f5fb698053.jpg

Whew! What came over me? How unlady-like. ::)

I'm sure they would both support my right to say what I want. Free speech, you know. ;)

My husband is actually very anti-Academy probably because of similar problems with authority - ......... Not being able to handle or liking the Academy is not a sign that one would make a bad officer.

I agree with this, and this is one reason I don't necessarily agree, or lets say, fully agree with the notion that you have to be (a good) follower before you can lead.  Yeah I can put up with it for a while, but eventually, ..........damn!   Again, as a reminder, i left the academy due to academic issues, not because of problems with authority.   Despite me wanting to kill an upperclassmen screaming in my face from time to time, and only being 15 seconds away from making that a reality, i refrained and allowed them to continue.

I actually applied to OCS after I was nearing graduation from grad school, since I still had not lined up any job opportunities and I still wanted to be an officer.  I honestly think I would have enjoyed a military life because I do like the struture of the chain of command.   My application was eventually rejected primarily due to the skeletons associated with my leaving the academy.

My roomate in undergraduate college did the ROTC program, and that seemed like a cakewalk compared to the Academy.  I remember him going on morning runs on occasion or doing a 2-3 day weekend training thingy here and there.   It seemed like much of nothing to me.  He was promptly commissioned a second lieutenant just the same when he graduated.

And Azanon, your outbursts and apologies are getting old.

I have an idea, Leslie. I'll just wave a wand and will that I never say anything terse ever again, and will me perfect too, so that i never again misread something that someone wrote.

Azanon

Azanon said:
I have an idea, Leslie. I'll just wave a wand and will that I never say anything terse ever again, and will me perfect too, so that i never again misread something that someone wrote.

Azanon

Um, OK. And wave it over me too, while you're at it. :)

Leslie said:
brewer, why don't you go somewhere you "value?"  Your posts absolutely turn my stomach.  Why do you inject your loathing of your country and the military into a post where you cannot possibly make a contribution?   Actually, I try to avoid all of your posts.  And I mistakenly thought I could get away from you in this thread.
Leslie

If you don't like what I have to say, move on to the next post.

Otherwise, you can Edited by moderator have a nice day.

If some of you feel you had wasted a year in Viet Nam, how do you think it felt to be drafted....a true suspension of the Constitution to make a whopping 115 dollars a month? I even turned down helicopter training knowing that even then I'd be making only 400 dollars a month. My extended family had to support my wife and son and I made more money the first 10 days I was working after I got out than I did the last month I was on active duty.
The prime mission of the US military is to kill people and destroy property as determined by the current Whitehouse occupant and funded by the Congress.. Period. Not build nations. Not establish democracy. Not hold free elections.
The reason they pay these young men and women is that they couldn't get them to voluntarily join and the smart ones don''t buy God, motherhood, and apple pie anymore.

Holy bump the threads Batman!

If i was a mod, the last post would be this one. ;)

Azanon

Back
Top Bottom