Female Smarts: Let's Hear From the Gentlemen

Horses for courses. To me life would be thin gruel without games. Not mean nasty dirty games, but games of pleasure and skill.

For the most part, no man can outgame a woman. It's her life work whereas we usually come to it late. :)

Ha

I have found that when I win, I lose.

Horses for courses. To me life would be thin gruel without games. Not mean nasty dirty games, but games of pleasure and skill.

DW likes some verbal sparring now and again. Almost allways at the end of such an exchange, we hug and kiss and call it a draw........:cool:

Me and the ex used to "spar" occasionally. She usually said, "I don't think you should see me for a few days."

So, the first day I didn't see her...

The second day I didn't see her...

The third day I didn't see her...

But by the fourth day, the swelling had gone down enough that I could barely see her out of one eye...

Me and the ex used to "spar" occasionally. She usually said, "I don't think you should see me for a few days."

So, the first day I didn't see her...

The second day I didn't see her...

The third day I didn't see her...

But by the fourth day, the swelling had gone down enough that I could barely see her out of one eye...

LOL!

I try very hard never to argue with a woman. It just is not smart. I feel bad when it happens.

Ha

LOL!

I try very hard never to argue with a woman. It just is not smart. I feel bad when it happens.

Ha

It generally ends badly..........;)

Amethyst

I have always thought that intelligence is so hard to gauge it's not like asking how far someone can throw a ball or something obvious. People are smart in different ways.

I know a guy that is really book smart that believes every bit of BS that is thrown out by anyone and is pretty gullible. In a way he is stupid.

Unless a girl is just totally stupid "smarts" is not an issue for me at all.

I would like someone who thinks for them self and has good common sense and is loving and not crooked if you have a personality like that you are fine.

It's physical attraction first. If a girl refuses to take care of herself physically then from the go there is no interest even if she is super smart.

Then personality if she is malicious or crooked or mean then it's a no go right from the start even if she is very smart.

I had a girlfriend a looooong time ago that was not very smart to say the least. And she was far better than some of the smarter girls I have known for the above reasons..she took care of herself and was a nice person......a lot of "smart" girls don't have either of those qualities.

So bottom line for me smarts is ok but certainly not a must have!

Jim

Oh, please, 17 posts philosophizing on a trick question.

It wasn't a trick question. I was interested in what others may think. I was aware that different people may interpret the word "intelligence" differently and didn't think I needed to come right out and say so.

I like this forum because I can raise topics here that I can't raise at work (where I spend most of my waking time), and already know what the people close to me will say. That's all.

Amethyst

Interesting thread ... thinking back over the 20 years in megacorp (countless doctorate, master and bachalor coworkers) very few had a balance between smarts and common sense. It seems being smart had a "price" ... almost a burden for most.

very few had a balance between smarts and common sense. It seems being smart had a "price" ... almost a burden for most.

In terms of women's attraction for men? Or in some more general sense? I'm sorry, I'm not following you.

very few had a balance between smarts and common sense. It seems being smart had a "price" ... almost a burden for most.

In terms of women's attraction for men? Or in some more general sense? I'm sorry, I'm not following you.

I think he means that gentlemen prefer (dumb) blonds. :)

Ha

And I, being married to a blond, have no problem with that. I love blonds! But they have to be really smart :cool:

For me, unless I am going to breed with her, or depend on her earnings in some technical, scientific or legal field, I really don't think it matters much what a woman's (or man's for that matter) IQ is.

If she is not interested enough in what is going on in the world to talk about anything but gossip or celebrities or daytime TV then it may be too boring. But that is a pretty low bar. Those women will usually not be interested in better educated men anyway.

I was married to a very high IQ woman, and although there were very good things about that, I would not place that trait very high on my "must haves" going forward.

Of course at my age that list is short anyway. Mainly, is she cute enough to get me going, and not too annoying to sustain that at least until another candidate shows up? Her vocabulary would only be a factor in regard to how often she calls me sugar, honey, baby, or daddy. Or how enthusiastically she says, "OH WOW!"

OTOH, negatives would include any use whatsoever of the words issues, subtext, or underlying.

Ha

Courtesy of Ron White.

Ron White: If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Her vocabulary would only be a factor in regard to how often she calls me sugar, honey, baby, or daddy.

You must love Texas!

OTOH, negatives would include any use whatsoever of the words issues, subtext, or underlying.

Ha

Depends on if it's me she lying under...

Back
Top Bottom