Five days until the house gets quiet again...

rayinpenn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Cool Hand Connor (DS) breezed in after a late night of gaming at a friends house. We got to taking about his new college apartment (he’s out of the dorm) and any last minute things he might need- he moves in Friday. He said in typical matter-of-fact Cool Hand Style “the beds are pretty big” there. (the Cool Hand isn’t known for being particularly detail cognizant). The ever vigilant and alert Mrs who was in ear shot immediately googled the apartment complex to learn ‘Full Sized Beds’. “When were you going to tell us? You have long single sized sheets from last year.“ -Trust me CH doesn’t know either what size bed he sleeps or what size beds come in

Kids today are forever on their phones - you would think they’ve got that whole communication thing beat. Absolutely not. For example Cool Hand will be 1 of 4 who have individual bedrooms and share a kitchen and a living room. One moved in last Friday only to learn that he will be alone until this Friday. Further you would think they would pool their resources so they don’t end up with 4 toasters. They have not.

Before you start with that he’s 19 needs and needs to man up and take charge. The Mrs minimizes expenses by sale and comparison shopping like no one else. For example Kohl’s had 30% off today, an hour and half and $140 later we are good to go.
I’m ok to let CH focus on classes -life will get complicated soon enough.

Perhaps because my own on a ‘wing and a prayer’ college experience I envy the Cool Hand because he doesn’t have to sweat the small stuff. No debt, private room, girlfriend , a set of wheels.. life is pretty sweet. Ah to be young...

DD will start evening classes again next week and with CH gone the house will grow quiet. That’s ok too. The only certainty of life is change oh an perhaps Taxes.

Last edited:
Cool Hand Connor (DS) breezed in after a late night of gaming at a friends house. We got to taking about his new college apartment (he’s out of the dorm) and any last minute things he might need- he moves in Friday. He said in typical matter-of-fact Cool Hand Style “the beds are pretty big” there. (the Cool Hand isn’t known for being particularly detail cognizant). The ever vigilant and alert Mrs who was in ear shot immediately googled the apartment complex to learn ‘Full Sized Beds’. “When were you going to tell us? You have long single sized sheets from last year.“ -Trust me CH doesn’t know either what size bed he sleeps or what size beds come in

Kids today are forever on their phones - you would think they’ve got that whole communication thing beat. Absolutely not. For example Cool Hand will be 1 of 4 who have individual bedrooms and share a kitchen and a living room. One moved in last Friday only to learn that he will be alone until this Friday. Further you would think they would pool their resources so they don’t end up with 4 toasters. They have not.

Before you start with that he’s 19 needs and needs to man up and take charge. The Mrs minimizes expenses by sale and comparison shopping like no one else. For example Kohl’s had 30% off today, an hour and half and $140 later we are good to go.
I’m ok to let CH focus on classes -life will get complicated soon enough.

Perhaps because my own on a ‘wing and a prayer’ college experience I envy the Cool Hand because he doesn’t have to sweat the small stuff. No debt, private room, girlfriend , a set of wheels.. life is pretty sweet. Ah to be young...

DD will start evening classes again next week and with CH gone the house will grow quiet. That’s ok too. The only certainty of life is change oh an perhaps Taxes.
Ds' learning would be much better if the Mrs had let the issue alone.
Imagine him and a nice gal coming to his room late at night, her seeing the small sheet on a full size bed...
"Thank you, Cool Hand Luke, I'd rather sleep at my room.."
or him running around last minute to borrow some full size sheets...

I learned from my son's roommate's mother that they refused the free offer to have their apartment cleaned before the semester started. My wife learned that the reason was "We'd have to clean up a lot before the maids would even be able to get into our apartment."

Back
Top Bottom