Free Stuff Friday

Thanks, Al.

I found a four-song Tom Petty EP priced at $2 and also found a 99-cent song from a Texas blues singer I like. I found a couple of other songs to try in Amazon's free MP3 bin.

Best deal I saw for classic rock fans: Creedence Clearwater Revival's 20 greatest hits for $1.99 (or free with this offer.)

Living in Canada I'm not very hip to this whole Black Friday Sale, but if I may ask, I thought the sales started tomorrow in stores?

Thanks, Al.

Best deal I saw for classic rock fans: Creedence Clearwater Revival's 20 greatest hits for $1.99 (or free with this offer.)

Good catch! I got my coupon in and then froze in analysis paralysis. I usually avoid 'greatest hits', but CCR had so many good ones, and I actually don't own any of their albums. I'll hold off on other suggestions, but I think this will be my #1 pick.

Thanks T-Al and H-Harry.

And don't forget:

You have to redeem the credits by Nov. 29th, so don’t eat too much this week and pass out in a turkey coma.

-ERD50

I like Liver, Lima beans and anchovies (but not for dessert) and unlike many of my fellow near border Canadians will not be crossing for Black Friday. Heck I am almost done Christmas shopping just so I do not have to enter a store in December. Groceries and hardware store excepted.

I subscribed to Popular Science on Amazon yesterday for $5/ year. It is kind of a goofy magazine, but worth $5 a year to me.

I've done four of these free collages, and they are quite nice. You select a bunch of photos, and it puts together a collage. You don't have to carefully choose a layout, it puts it together. If you don't like the layout, you just select "Shuffle Photos."

Free 8×10 Photo Collage from Walgreens | Hey, It's Free!

I just did one now with pictures of my sister and her new boyfriend, and I'll frame it and give it as a present.

Collage.jpg

I will eat liver, lima beans and have anchovies for dessert before I would ever go out on Black Friday. :nonono:

Funny...I LOVE liver with onions, HATE lima beans and am NEUTRAL about anchovies. So guess that explains why I'm iffy about going out on Black Friday :)

Carolyn Wonderland. Read about her shows for years when she was based in Houston, but never got a chance to see her live. I saw her on a Texas music TV show a couple of weeks ago and was mightily impressed with the voice and the guitar work. Downloaded one of the songs I saw on the TV show - a live version of Judgement Day Blues.

Thanks, I'm going to check her out.

I like Liver, Lima beans and anchovies (but not for dessert) and unlike many of my fellow near border Canadians will not be crossing for Black Friday. Heck I am almost done Christmas shopping just so I do not have to enter a store in December. Groceries and hardware store excepted.

Funny...I LOVE liver with onions, HATE lima beans and am NEUTRAL about anchovies. So guess that explains why I'm iffy about going out on Black Friday :)

I was taught to share, so I hereby give you both my share of my food blacklist for life. ;)

Mr. Boston needs to take his mom to the bank today, so I am going to remain here at the house and review some legal papers (homew*rk for me) while he goes out on his Black Friday road warrior mission. :LOL:

Free download of "The Elements of Investing" by Burton G. Malkiel and Charles D. Ellis - PDF format.

The Elements of Investing

I've not read the book but Malkiel's "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" is very good, so this one has promise - and you can't beat the price! The Amazon Kindle version is $10.

Thanks, got it. I have read previous books by both of these authors.

Ha

Thanks, REW. Easy download, went straight into my favorite portable format. Wahoo! I've been meaning to read this author.

Free download of "The Elements of Investing" by Burton G. Malkiel and Charles D. Ellis - PDF format.

The Elements of Investing

I've not read the book but Malkiel's "A Random Walk Down Wall Street" is very good, so this one has promise - and you can't beat the price! The Amazon Kindle version is $10.

Thank you!

Thanks, REW. Easy download, went straight into my favorite portable format. Wahoo! I've been meaning to read this author.

I transferred it to my iPod touch, but it isn't feasible to read it there (font too small in the pdf format). Did you do anything different?

I used epub2go.com and converted it and that worked pretty well, but there are some problems, especially with hyphenations.

PDF:

pdf.jpg

Converted:

Converted.jpg

I transferred it to my iPod touch, but it isn't feasible to read it there (font too small in the pdf format). Did you do anything different?

No, it's in iPod iBooks. I read there only in short bursts, hopefully before the eyes go blurry.

Still can't transfer iTunes liner notes to iBooks, I'm guessing it can't be done (yet) maybe because of copywrite issues.

For Kindle users

I just downloaded it to my Windows XP laptop, then followed instructions here to copy it to my Kindle 2.
Kindle FAQ | Amazon Kindle 3 and Kindle DX Review and News Blog

I turned on my Kindle first before connecting it to my PC which was a mistake. The Copy File function had trouble with the file directory name. :(
So I disconnected the device via the Window XP "Safely Disconnect Device" control icon, turned off the Kindle, connected it (still powered off) and all went according to Hoyle. :D

I just opened it on my Kindle successfully. I tried to do a text font enlargement, but was only allowed to do a screen rotation function on the file. This enlarged the font, but the rotation unfortunately cuts off several lines at the bottom of each page.
It is readable in standard portrait orientation as long as I wear my reading glasses. :blush:

Thanks for the free book link. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom