Friend Hoaxed, Should I Tell?

Should I tell him about the hoax?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
i'll take a swig of that, thanx.

I have a friend like this. At age 55 she has no job, no pension and little SS. She does have a pretty good nest egg from an inheritance which she kept from her greedy ex when they split the sheets. This is her sole support...In a general way I also believe that positive thinking is important; but people can sometimes make strange extensions of an otherwise reasonable principle.

yup, "universe will provide" is my cousin's mantra. at least until the home equity loan runs dry (turning wrist & checking second hand on my watch--ok, that's a lie, i don't wear a watch).

Right, I won't say anything -- thanks for the tips.

Right, I won't say anything -- thanks for the tips.
If it's any consolation, I had a similar conversation with an alleged "friend" about aspartame and I wish I'd kept silent. (The guy doesn't even drink aspartame beverages because he doesn't care for the taste, but it doesn't stop him from zealously forwarding dozens of aspartame rants.) I pointed him to Snopes.com and he quickly took up the cudgels to go point-by-point over their coverage. Now I get weekly e-mail JPEGs of rats with horrible tumors that he claims were instigated by aspartame.

So if this guy is someone with whom you want to remain friends (or who, like Spinal Tap's drummer, would be hard to replace) then silence is the best answer...

Back
Top Bottom