GEICO run-around?

socca

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I changed my auto insurance from Allstate to GEICO back in August. I overpaid my premium, and was due a refund of around $40. After waiting a month, I contacted them and they said it was lost in the mail. So, they said they were going to do a stop-payment on the original check and send another. I waited another month, and now they've just reported that there was an 'internal error' and that they would send it right out. Uh-huh.

Anyone had any good/bad experiences regarding getting these folks to cough up the money they promise? If they can't even properly process a tiny refund, what would it be like when they agree to satisfy a claim?

I hate GEICO. Nothing but trouble and arguments with them when I had them. It's been 20 years since I dumped them (and vice versa) so my opinion might not be useful. I liked the gekko at first, but now he irritates the heck out of me. :bat:

I called them to get a quote a year or two ago and they were a good bit more than what we are paying now. I got the impression that it's like one guy that runs a huge area.

Then I got this flood of offers for car insurance from different companies that I can't say for sure but I figured it must have been from calling them up.

Their rates are not as good as what their commercials suggest IMO.

Jim

Let's see if this will post ... mews

funny-pictures-cat-is-about-to-eat-the-geico-mascot.jpg

Back
Top Bottom