Happily Single ER thread

It's a 'Happily Single ER thread'.....what do you expect? Same for the married thread. Hard to post the positives of each topic w/o one sounding superior to the other.

Exactly. It’s a thread to celebrate being single .... so us single people are celebrating a little. Let us have our fun! :)

It's a 'Happily Single ER thread'.....what do you expect? Same for the married thread. Hard to post the positives of each topic w/o one sounding superior to the other.

I never meant to rain on anybody's parade, including my own.

So, y'all come over at 6:00 tonight for a BBQ, beer and music. :dance: We will pop a cork off some of that expensive bubbly stuff I have down in the cellar and celebrate life.

¿Where's the champagne smiley?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    3 KB · Views: 139
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 138
I thought I would have something to offer on this topic. I find myself oscillating, at the minimum between attraction and repulsion, too far from either pole to overcome inertia. Experience is not wisdom. I got nothing.

I thought I would have something to offer on this topic. I find myself oscillating, at the minimum between attraction and repulsion, too far from either pole to overcome inertia. Experience is not wisdom. I got nothing.

I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're ambivalent about whether you want to be in a relationship or not. The thread, though, and the meaning of "single" in this context, is not being married. It's not (necessarily) about not being in a relationship. So perhaps you have some thought to share on the subject of not being married? Or not. Up to you.

I have some of that same oscillation, fwiw. This is kind of an oversimplification, but when I'm out of a relationship for a long time, I want to be in one, and when I'm in a relationship, it's not long before I want to be out.

Oh no, I'm ecstatic to be out of the last relationship, very comfortable to be unmarried. I just don't have any words of wisdom to offer, pro or con. Long on satisfaction, short on gab.

I was happily single for a very long time... then I was happily married. If I hadn't met someone who was a very good fit for me, I'd still be happily single. I'd gotten past the societal pressure that is placed on women.... (You *must* want to be married, to have kids, or your life isn't complete.) I owned my own home, had a great career, had great friends, set my own schedule with no regard to anyone else. There was a whole lot of positive.

I think the key to happily married or happily single is to be happy with yourself.

Great advice here!

Chacun a son gout

What on earth is wrong with being single if that is someone's preference?

+1

Whether I approve or disapprove of something is relevant only to the extent that it's any of my beeswax... which it almost always isn't.

Back
Top Bottom