Help - CD stuck in player in car

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Listening to books on CD, from the library, makes driving tolerable for me.

Yesterday I inserted a CD, the player took it, then said NO CD and wouldn't eject it! I can't even see the CD through the slot - it is well and truly in there. I would have no idea how to get the CD player out of the console - there aren't any visible screws.

Anybody know a way to get the CD player to eject?

Thanks,

Amethyst

there is a small pin hole in the front of the cd player... unfold a paperclip and insert the end of it into the hole and push firmly .. this will eject the cd

I wish I had known about that hole!

I got a CD out of the CD player in Frank's Murano a few years ago, using either my fingernails or tweezers (I have forgotten exactly). Amazingly, it didn't even ruin the CD. So it IS possible.... :)

I was going to suggest a Popsicle stick and a hot melt glue gun. :LOL:

There are some things you can try here: How to Remove a Stuck CD from a Car CD Player - wikiHow

"If you can power on the unit, and press the eject button still, then this how-to should work for most standard in-dash units. (There is also a tiny black button behind most face-plates on aftermarket stereos that you can press with the end of an opened-out paper clip, should your eject button not work.)"

I had a similar issue in my GMC pickup. Apparently, one is not supposed to play CDs that have home printed paper labels on them. There's no "paperclip" hole in the player, and every suggestion I found online didn't work. I ended up having to take my truck to the dealer to retrieve my favorite "road-tunes" CD.

I second the suggestion that heyduke made. Otherwise you might have to take the car to your dealer.

This may be completely useless info, but what the heck?
Last year, I noticed the battery had gone dead on my midlife crisis car, parked in the garage for winter, because I forgot to plug in the trickle charger. :blush:
When I plugged in the charger, my stereo system (with CD) went into a complete reset/startup cycle mode. The CD that was still in there popped out automatically as the stereo went through its "reboot".
If you disconnect your battery temporarily, will your stereo system do the same kind of full reset, i.e. eject the CD ?
Warning...if your car stereo system has an anti-theft code feature, make sure you know what the CODE is before trying this.

sounds like you should buy a new car:whistle:

Sigh. :rolleyes:

Thanks to those who attempted to help. I tried everything except Freebird's suggestion, but I will try that before going to the dealer.

There well may be a "little hole" on the player itself, but the radio/player console has a fitted cover so I can't tell.

Amethyst

Did you try sticking another CD in part way? This always works for me.

When we bought our minivan, the CD player did not work. I pulled out the stereo expecting to buy a replacement, but it turned out that someone had put two CDs into the player.

I think these special clips are a fairly common standard. Makes stereo removal about a 3 minute job with bit of wiggle and pull which then allows access to remove the CD... a couple more screws. Walmart.com: Scosche DIN Radio Removal Tool: Auto Electronics

Otherwise google stereo removal and carmake e.g.Volvo may describe different removal methods such as this:
YouTube - How to change cd player in a volvo s70 v70 c70 850

SVHoper, that was worth it just to hear the Swedish accent :) Obviously, volvo audio systems are much more user-friendly than Ford's.

I'm afraid the CD is stuck in my car's player until the dealer can deal with it :(

Amethyst

DH drove DD's VW Jetta for the 1st time & didn't realize the CD player was a 6 disc changer so he tried to insert a disc without waiting for the loader tray. It's wedged in slot 3 now...and we had to pull the fuse just to stop the "whirling" noise until the repair guy sees it. Bummer.

SVHoper, that was worth it just to hear the Swedish accent
Actually, that's not a Swedish accent. Polish I think.

Here's a good example of a Swedish accent. Different from how people usually portray it, and will also let you understand what I had to go through in learning Swedish. The video has some funny stuff.

YouTube - Simple Swedish - Episode 1

Back
Top Bottom