How many people on this site do you know?

It would be nice to meet a couple, but I have not had the chance.......

I'm new here, and have no idea if I may have met anyone here or not (due to handles).

I've been involved in other internet groups in which I've met members in numbers from a few to over 100. What I've learned is that people can be quite different in person than their online persona, myself included.

I always enjoy meeting people whose posts I've been reading. Apparently we never ever resemble the mental images formed from our writing. Or our avatars.

I knew I should have worn a wig :facepalm:

None that I know of, although at one point early on I remember seeing a post that led me to believe it was someone in my neighborhood (who I may or may not know).

Given that I enjoy getting together with smart people, especially those with a sense of humor, perhaps meeting some fellow bots in person would be fun - hadn't really thought of it before.

I've met 1 member in person. :D

I would love to meet everyone who is a "regular". I have a lot of respect for the forum members' knowledge and feel a lot of kindred spirit with the jokesters. :cool:

So who wants to come visit East Nowhere, NY in the dead of winter?
No pushing, please form an orderly line...:LOL:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    980.8 KB · Views: 6
None, but it would be nice to meet some of the regulars some day.

None that I'm aware of.

But based on names/avatars alone I'd be interested in meeting some folks. A few just crack me up. Col. Klink for one. BirdieNumNums is another. And of course, W2R's old avatar along with bbbamI's old avatar had me interested for different reasons. :)

Of course, imagination is almost always better than reality.

I haven't met anyone, but a convention of introverts would be interesting to attend some day:D

I knew I should have worn a wig :facepalm:

S'ok, your photo is great - it reminds me of 60's British rockers!

As for me: I don't wear a bowler, it's been years since I had a mustache, and most days there is not a rainbow going from one hand to the other :)

S'ok, your photo is great - it reminds me of 60's British rockers!

Growing up in the 60's I actually preferred British knockers :D

Ah, Dusty, how come you never even replied to my request for a date.....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 110
Zero. But I do feel I "know" some people here reasonably well. I most certainly know more about some members here than some of my real neighbors...ain't technology grand.

None, but I would like to if there's ever a meetup outside one of those loathsome big cities.

I refuse to join any group that would have me as a member.

One, but now that I think about it she was probably the one that told me about this forum!

I guess it is due to living in a tourist town in a fairly central location, or for some maybe my lovely former Eva Habermann avatar, but anyway about 1-2 dozen members passing through town have contacted me and suggest that we meet. I said "no" to all of them, even to several that I greatly respect, admire, and like. I have met nobody from the forum IRL.

That has nothing whatsoever to do with my opinion of any of them, and everything to do with my INTJ personality. I am just not the social butterfly type and would rather read your posts than eat lunch with you. :D

I've met a couple of forum members and am open to meeting others...

....and you're right MuirWannabe, 'Of course, imagination is almost always better than reality.'

That's why I insist on buying lunch to soften the devastating blow of reality. After all, I don't wear my stiletto boots to the meeting, I usually wear sandals.

:)

Last edited:
Zero. In fact I have never met anyone that I have crossed paths with on the internet.

While I haven't met anybody from this forum (yet), I did meet 3 new fishing buds on a bass fishing forum several years back. One of them has since died, and one I see only rarely anymore, but the third guy is now my most regular fishing bud. We've fished a bunch together and most likely will keep that going.

....and you're right MuirWannabe, 'Of course, imagination is almost always better than reality.'

Wow - - I have met people from the internet quite a few times, just not from this forum and not lately. And 100% of the time, they were exactly what I thought they would be like, and vice versa. This doesn't say anything good at all about my capacity for imagination, or for inspiring the imagination of others! :D

Back
Top Bottom