How many people on this site do you know?

None. I'm an INTJ. Extreme on the "I" part. One reason I retired. Not one who wants to meet many people.

Open to meeting some of the pets of members though ;-)

Last edited:
None. I'm an INTJ. Extreme on the "I" part. One reason I retired. Not one who wants to meet many people.

Like to meet some of the pets of members though ;-)

+100,000!!

Well, minus the pets. Some of our members might have big dogs that would scare me. :)

Just 1 person. Would meet up again with this person (hope to some day!) or other regulars from the forum.

There are a few local posters that have stated they live in the same city as me, but I have never gotten up the motivation to contact them and suggest a meet up.

None that I know of. I am not against meeting with others but just have not had the chance. I wouldn't initiate the contact either.
There's just something about a forum that says you should remain anonymous.
I will say that some of the characters on this forum would be fun to meet with though.

My guess is that the group of forum members who are interested in physically meeting other forum members correlates with the group that have posted their (real) picture here.

... correlates with the group that have posted their (real) picture here.
Judging from my small survey, um... no.

It just shows that they're able to post a photo, perhaps taken during their life, maybe even of them.

Judging from my small survey, um... no.

It just shows that they're able to post a photo, perhaps taken during their life, maybe even of them.

Hmm. I'm able but not willing. Ether to meet or post a picture.

I've met 8, and nicer people would be hard to find. I hope to see any of them again, and meet some new friends also.

Ha

I MAY have investment/client relationship with one member. I haven't confirmed it. If I did, I would transfer the investment to keep perspective.

And the irony is, I am reluctant to recommend this site to people I know because I'm sure they'll recognize me in time since my name is actually Midpack (or I might be lying). I want to because I know it would probably be very helpful, but I'm torn. Not what the site owners want to hear I'm sure, but it is what it is...

Midpack said:
And the irony is, I am reluctant to recommend this site to people I know because I'm sure they'll recognize me in time since my name is actually Midpack (or I might be lying). I want to because I know it would probably be very helpful, but I'm torn. Not what the site owners want to hear I'm sure, but it is what it is...

I really don't know many interested in LBYM, investments, retirement... Well, maybe retirement, just not the stuff it takes to retire.

I really don't know many interested in LBYM, investments, retirement... Well, maybe retirement, just not the stuff it takes to retire.
True.

Why worry about the future - that may never come, when you can "live large" today! :dance:

Lazarus said:

Hmmm... Even with the masquerade, you'd think there would be at least a couple of Howard Family members posting here. But that's another topic.

I know one other person who infrequently posts here. It's someone I've known for a long time, though. Predating the World Wide Web, even. But I FIREd first! (neener, neener, neener...)

Hmmm... Even with the masquerade, you'd think there would be at least a couple of Howard Family members posting here. But that's another topic.
I hate to realize how obscure this reference may seem to some of our younger members...

Freebird5825 that looks like the winter of 2011 did here, unfortunately we don't always have that much snow on the ground in winter. Snow? I LOVE it! :dance:
Ah HA I knew I'd get at least 1 bravehearted soul to respond to the "dead of winter" invitation. :D
Judging by the dogs' appearance, I'm guessing within the last 5 years.
I cannot remember exactly which year that picture was taken, but it was the most snow I'd ever seen piled up in the backyard. And I'm too lazy to go to NOAA to look up the snowfall records. :LOL:

Nords said:
I hate to realize how obscure this reference may seem to some of our younger members...

The younger ones are still accumulating. The older ones are already off-planet. Only us mid-level types here. Me, I'm more of a Jubal Harshaw wannabe.

Totally obscure to this old member. Howard family? Hmmm...Ron Howard, Howard Stern, Howard Hughes, Howard Johnson....just sure I'm not gettin' it.

Back
Top Bottom