How much TV do you watch per week?

Of those who are retired: How much TV do you watch?

• Zero

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • 1 to 15

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • 16 to 30

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 31 to 35

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • 36 or more

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
These figures are in minutes, right? ;)

Seriously, we watch one or two movies on DVD each week and practically zero regular television, except DH turns on the news while he's riding the stationary bike.

Martha said:
I do like my HGTV. My latest is reDesign with Kenneth Brown. I watch it in part because he drives the DH absolutely nuts.

How many D**ned times do I have to watch someone redo a 14ftx18ft living room in a ranch house? I guess the answer is "infinite number of times." Plus, the subtleties of toilet bowls and showers is beyond me. :mad: I would much prefer a good colon joke--but only on Thursdays. Now, if we were watching the CNBC ticker tape streamer all nite long, that would be interesting. :-*

--DH

REWahoo! said:
Deprection?

My guess is "depression" but "deprection" would be a good made-up word for that game where players make up definitions.

Maybe 2 hours of TV. Mostly Simpsons, mostly on VHS.
Helps to not have cable, dishes, or Tivos.

BUT--several hours of dvd's a week, including... TV shows. :)

Many wasted hours on the net.

TromboneAl said:
I found that we actually like only about one movie out of every eight that we rent.

Any recommendations? My wife signed up for netflix, so I rented a few while she was visiting family.

I liked Kill Bill (1+2), and The Incredibles. Two others: The Usual Suspects and Run Lola Run had good punchlines, but were a little tedious and convoluted getting to them.

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
How many D**ned times do I have to watch someone redo a 14ftx18ft living room in a ranch house?

--DH

As long as you watch CNBC I watch HGTV. Want to go cold turkey?

Martha said:
As long as you watch CNBC I watch HGTV. Want to go cold turkey?

Hey, I can out spite you any day!

--DH

You mean, how much TV do I watch since Star Trek went off the air? Zero.

Martha said:
I do like my HGTV. My latest is reDesign with Kenneth Brown. I watch it in part because he drives the DH absolutely nuts.

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
How many D**ned times do I have to watch someone redo a 14ftx18ft  living room in a ranch house?  I guess the answer is "infinite number of times."   Plus, the subtleties of toilet bowls and showers is beyond me.   :mad:  I would much prefer a good colon joke--but only on Thursdays.   Now, if we were watching the CNBC ticker tape streamer all nite long, that would be interesting.  :-* --DH
Greg, you & I could form a support group. "TV watching" doesn't count when you're forced to sit in the chair with toothpicks propping your eyelids open to watch the latest room makeover.

Every time my spouse points to something inside the house I start making noises about "Groundbreakers". So far it's a Mexican standoff.

My favorite HGTV show is anything whose scenes open with a graphic titled "Day 467".

Nords said:
You mean, how much TV do I watch since Star Trek went off the air? Zero.
Greg, you & I could form a support group. "TV watching" doesn't count when you're forced to sit in the chair with toothpicks propping your eyelids open to watch the latest room makeover.

Every time my spouse points to something inside the house I start making noises about "Groundbreakers". So far it's a Mexican standoff.

My favorite HGTV show is anything whose scenes open with a graphic titled "Day 467".

I :-* this board. I also always try to 'think outside the thread.' For example, when we are watching HGTV with our spouses, we should make armpit noises the entire time. :D

--Greg

Nords, Try Southpark, Simpsons, Discovery, and other educational programs. I have been watching Star Trek since the begining. When its good it's great. When its bad...

I use binoculars to watch my neighbors TV.  Let me tell ya, wide-screen TV is a real godsend to aging eyes! No sound, so I have to make up my own soundtrack. No armpit noises though, as they tend to blur the picture.   

:) 

Punch the Smiley and WIN!

Telly said:
I use binoculars to watch my neighbors TV. Let me tell ya, wide-screen TV is a real godsend to aging eyes! No sound, so I have to make up my own soundtrack. No armpit noises though, as they tend to blur the picture.

Maybe you can find the channel on the internet to get the sound.
Now that's what I call frugal living. ;)

Lazarus said:
Nords, Try Southpark, Simpsons, Discovery, and other educational programs. I have been watching Star Trek since the begining. When its good it's great. When its bad...
I've tried 'em all. As good as those programs are, the problem is separating the dreck from the quality. Even with seven VCRs we have to wade through too much of the former to find the latter.

Another problem is my attention span. I like documentaries but they generally move too slo-o-o-o-o-wly. Dramas & action aren't much better-- if I can see where the plot is going then even Sir Lawrence Olivier's acting couldn't hold me, let alone keep me interested until Rambo could assault Dr. Evil's castle to rescue the Swedish bikini team. (If you're developing a script, you owe me 1%.) I haven't really enjoyed a good sitcom since "Home Improvement" went off the air, although I'm impressed with some of the latest sitcom eye candy. (Spouse watches with earphones; I make up my own dialogue.) The last movies that made me go "Whoa" were the Lord of the Rings, School of Rock, and The Incredibles-- all of which were aimed right between my demographic eyeballs for the predictable results. Kill Bill was a terrible "plot" but scored highly for its creative anime & unpredictable violence, gore, satire, and humor.

The heck with TV. Give me a fast internet connection & a good book any day.

Back
Top Bottom