Hulu

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I am wondering what the Hulu users think of the service?

Do you use Hulu or Hulu Plus?

If one has Netflix streaming does one also need Hulu or Hulu Plus?

I cancelled my cable and use Hulu to watch 90%+ of what I used to watch on cable. I won't pay for Hulu Plus. Even if it was $1/yr I wouldn't pay for it. Never used Netflix.

With all of the streaming services you need to carefully check out what shows are available.

I understand there are ads in Hulu plus and I refuse to pay for content that has ads.

I subscribe to Hulu Plus and to Netflix. They each do different things.

However, before subscribing to Hulu Plus check for the shows that you watch and make sure that you get "more" by subscribing to Hulu Plus. I have some shows that I watch that I like Hulu Plus since I can watch the episode the next day and there is a lot of old episodes available.

Also if you want to use devices such as an iPad or phone to watch on Hulu you need Plus.

There are some shows where old shows are available both on Hulu Plus and Netflix. However, usually Netflix won't have shows on Netflix until at least a year after they came out (basically whenever a DVD of the show comes out). Also, only some shows on Netflix are available to be streamed, while others you have to get the disk.

Hulu plus for Jon Stewart and Mr. Colbert a day late. Lots of different shows from Netflix, They are much easier to fast forward or backward in than Netflix, but Netflix's menu is far more intuitive (at least for us).

Hulu plus for Jon Stewart and Mr. Colbert a day late. Lots of different shows from Netflix, They are much easier to fast forward or backward in than Netflix, but Netflix's menu is far more intuitive (at least for us).

You don't need Plus to watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report. I watch them on regular(free) Hulu the day after they air.

I have both Hulu Plus and Netflix streaming. As others have said, while there is some overlap in content, there are also differences. Free Hulu provides the most recent episodes of some shows, while Hulu Plus provides the entire current season. My cable contract expires in a few months and I plan to cancel it at that time.

Use Hulu Plus heavily. Love the hi-def presentation. The captions are excellent when available. We watch a lot of Spanish language programming.

How much is Hulu? All I'm watching right now are The Good Wife, Hannabal, American Idol and The Voice (and occasional Frontline. I do watch some odd channels once in a while, like Lifetime). I pay something like $75 for cable (not includnig the internet.)

My problem with Hulu is that the commercials don't run properly. Don't care if they want to use commercials, it's the American way, but they stop and stutter and jam up, takes 5 min for a 30 sec ad. The program runs fine, sometimes it buffers but that is my computer limitations.

How much is Hulu? All I'm watching right now are The Good Wife, Hannabal, American Idol and The Voice (and occasional Frontline. I do watch some odd channels once in a while, like Lifetime). I pay something like $75 for cable (not includnig the internet.)
Hulu is free. Hulu Plus costs $7.99 per month plus local sales tax.

My problem with Hulu is that the commercials don't run properly. Don't care if they want to use commercials, it's the American way, but they stop and stutter and jam up, takes 5 min for a 30 sec ad. The program runs fine, sometimes it buffers but that is my computer limitations.
I don't have this problem watching on my TV through AppleTV. At most when we resume later after having stopped during a commercial and turned things off, we have to go up one level and resume from there - minor.

I occasionally watch on my iPad (with Retina display) and it looks awesome, but I still prefer to watch on the large HD TV screen - especially for two of us.

Do you use a Western Digital device to watch Hulu?

I had that problem when I was using a Western Digital device to watch Hulu on my TV, but it went away when I switch to a Roku box.

The Roku box overall is much better for other reasons as well.

+1 on the Roku. I have no problems with Hulu Plus on my Roku.

For us, the biggest barrier to considering any of these services is the lack of support for closed captions, and the fact that even with both Netflix streaming and Hulu Plus, there are still a mess of cable series we like that we don't see carried by either.

Almost 8 months ago, I cut my cable to minimum and bought Roku2 XS box.

I bought PlayOn software so that I could watch free Hulu on TV but the advertisements and one laptop occupied, I considered Hulu Plus.

Scored one month membership and facing these issues.

Before the problem started like a plague, I bought one year membership on one of those deals site for a year, so I am stuck with it at least for a year. Still not too bad. There are 3 minute advertisements in any show. I would like no advertisements at all though. Meanwhile, I plan to give a try to other streaming services as well. So can not offer any comparison at the moment. Sure the web is flooded with these comparisons. You can also try to score trial deals.

Back
Top Bottom