I am a bore.

vicente solano

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
After several months of soul and mind self-examination, I´ve reached the unpalatable conclusion that I am a born bore. I´ve lost interest for the very few things that I apparently liked, and I don´t seem to muster the will or desire to find new interests.
Another fact that supports my conclusion is that too many people bore me....and that seems unreasonable, ergo it´s all my fault.
My real concern these days is that I have to avoid at all costs dragging my dear wife down, making her miserable. She certainly deserves much better.

I am not asking for advice nor pity. I am posting this to let you know why I am not in the mood for posting.

PS. None of you can be classifien as people who bore me. Quite the contrary. For that I thank you all.

I am not asking for advice nor pity.
Sorry that you don't want advice (heh, heh). So here's what you should do, if you haven't tried it yet. Cultivate one of the Eastern mental disciplines -- perhaps Zen. Practice non-thinking, experiencing only the Now -- hearing, seeing things, but not reacting. Then boredom/non-boredom will become irrelevant.

I've always been a bore. Don't feel bad. I'm the Ed McMahon type. I can listen to jokes and laugh, but not one to tell a good funny story. Some of us are just that way. Seriously, don't get down because you feel your boring. Go out and smell the roses. In my case, walking the dog helps. Doesn't take much to make me happy.

Oh well, time for a med. Another thing Ed and I have in common. ;)

Dammit! I've been doing it all wrong - I've been feeling that I'm irrelevant!

Vincente,

Good to hear from you. Just today I was wondering where you've been and here you are! I think you've made this forum more interesting. Since you're from Spain, you add a different perspective to many discussions.

I get in slumps like this from time to time. It usually passes on its own, but sometimes it helps to plan an activity or trip.

In this mental frame of mind, I would suggest being especially cautious to make sure you are not descending into mental depression. That is a miserable condition and one you don't want to risk having.

Depression is treatable these days so if you feel depressed, you might want to talk to your doctor about it.

WE don't think you are boring, Vicente. Hopefully soon you will come to your senses, and realize that you really are not boring.

Vicente, you cannot be a bore or you could not make droll statements like "I am a bore".

Bores never know it.

Ha

Hi Vicente, if this feeling is new perhaps you should see your GP. It could be that your suffering from a deficiency in something and it could be taken care of with just added extra vitamins or supplements. It could also be that you have become depressed, that can also manifest symptoms of fatigue, which could lead to your feeling of boredom. You may not be boring after all and just have some physical or emotional situation that can be easily delt with. Worth looking into don't you think?

Wishing you the best of luck.
Queenie

Last edited:
Vicente, you cannot be a bore or you could not make droll statements like "I am a bore".

Bores never know it.

Ha

True statement there. From past threads on here: Vitamin D might be worth taking....

In this mental frame of mind, I would suggest being especially cautious to make sure you are not descending into mental depression. That is a miserable condition and one you don't want to risk having.

Depression is treatable these days so if you feel depressed, you might want to talk to your doctor about it.

WE don't think you are boring, Vicente. Hopefully soon you will come to your senses, and realize that you really are not boring.
+1 I think I remember an earlier thread where you claimed you didn't want to hear that you might be depressed -- but you sound like you are whether you want to hear that or not. You should consider addressing that possibility.

Hi Vicente...I've been thinking about you as well.

As of late, I think of myself as being a bore...but actually I think I'm just tired.

If you come to America, drop by my house. Let's have a bowl of Cheerios and see if we feel better.

My door is open. :)

Perhaps speaking with a psychologist or Clinical Social Worker for a few sessions might help. They now call themselves "Life Coaches" sometimes. I went to a LCSW who was a life coach to get me out of a slump a few years ago.

After several months of soul and mind self-examination, I´ve reached the unpalatable conclusion that I am a born bore. I´ve lost interest for the very few things that I apparently liked, and I don´t seem to muster the will or desire to find new interests.
Another fact that supports my conclusion is that too many people bore me....and that seems unreasonable, ergo it´s all my fault.
My real concern these days is that I have to avoid at all costs dragging my dear wife down, making her miserable. She certainly deserves much better.

I am not asking for advice nor pity. I am posting this to let you know why I am not in the mood for posting.

PS. None of you can be classifien as people who bore me. Quite the contrary. For that I thank you all.
I've been going through something similar lately. It's one reason why I've signed up to do a Master's this fall. The Master's is in a subject related to human happiness and well-being, but that's almost incidental - I want to stimulate my brain, and my current w*rk and home life don't do that.

Vincente,

Good to hear from you. Just today I was wondering where you've been and here you are! I think you've made this forum more interesting. Since you're from Spain, you add a different perspective to many discussions.

I get in slumps like this from time to time. It usually passes on its own, but sometimes it helps to plan an activity or trip.

Vicente:

I was reviewing the photos of various forum members and the sight of you and your son made me wonder what had happened in your life since then. I am so glad to see you posting again. And I must apologize, but I disagree with your conclusion. You are not boring at all.

You sound a bit depressed, Vincente. Please do not hesitate to get professional help. I hope you feel better soon.

Hey Vincente, like others, I've been wondering where you've been. You are not a bore, and hope that you start to feel better. Like others, I also looked up your recent posts the other day to see if you had been around, but perhaps I had not noticed it. If you were really a bore, would we be doing stuff like that?

Welcome back, and stick around. If you need some medical help, please go get it.

R

Vicente,

I think you must be pulling our legs. If you are a bore, then how come I have missed seeing your funny, unusual, insightful posts?

Amethyst

I get by with a little help from my friends....ta ta ta ta ta...

Hi, Vicente...

So now, we (I) have an idea of what your signature line may speak of. Probably a lot of us get by with a little help from of our friends. I think it's neat you've written about your being a bore on this board.

And, not to deny the /thoughts/hunches/feelings you now have: you probably weren't born a bore. But, your past posts seem to indicate you've been kind of an interesting guy with a kind of interesting life--certainly not boring. (And, I'm pretty sure "kind of interesting" is about as good as it gets). You might be feeling you are not as interesting as you have been in the past because you are feeling down. And, people aren't as interesting to you because you are feeling down. That's just how it works. This stuff passes (thank goodness).

And, actually it takes too much effort to be interesting and interested all of the time (my opinion).

Vincent , I do not think you are boring but you may be depressed . I recommend a visit to you Physician and a good book !:)

I guess novelty of everything wears out sooner or later. And if one starts analyzing things which are made to entertain us, one can see the hollowness of the most, for example news. So if one has a lot of free time, what to do?

Vincent, I found it interesting in what you said as I have noticed I have thought the same things recently in not interested in learning anything new, and not being real interested in the things I used to do. I do take interest in many on this forum who are opining about the new projects they take on to intellectually stimulate themselves. Fortunately for me somehow I've lost the ability to become bored, as I would rather be beat with a Singapore cane than learn something new, as it would result in frustration and a string of swear words that would embarrass a sailor.

I am a bore to my circle of friends, too. I don't Harley, boat, fish, watch sports, or most of their other stuff. There is one DIYer that I share project interests, a couple computer science geeks and one other martial artist.

You know, it doesn't really matter. I take an interest in their interests, and listen to them, and draw them out about themselves. Somehow, they don't notice my boring. I especially don't make them suffer through using my using the golden mean or a Fibonacci series to design my home projects. But my outlook is offbeat enough to give them pause.

First of all I am not a doctor but your description strikes me as all the symptoms of low T (testosterone). I often see an ad on TV that suggests all the same symptoms that you mention. Just a suggestion, I have no idea if low T is for real or just another way to sell drugs to the public. You may want to ask your doctor.

Hi Vicente,

If you think you are a big bore, maybe you can have a post retirement career in the oil & gas industry :)

On a more serious note. I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way. I find your posts here are interesting and entertaining, and you seem to have a good sense of humor. (hmm, maybe I should say that you have a sense of humor similar to my own, which may not be the same thing :)).

Please do continue to post regularly here, you have plenty of friends here who don't find you boring.

Back
Top Bottom