I read this headline not the article

This is a puzzling thread. Rather than say what this is about, you make a point in the title to say you didn't read the article, yet it appears you did since you know they spent the money. And I have no idea what it was a good decision for you to "run away". What does that have to do with you? Are you afraid you would've been the one to get the money and would've also spent it and landed in jail? Or are you judging your hometown based on the actions of one couple?

Related to this, I dislike meaningless thread titles.

Sorry, but this struck me as really odd all the way around.

Really stupid people. I hope they like jail time.

I can’t believe anyone is that stupid.

Last edited:
An ATM once gave me an extra $20. This was an ATM right outside the bank branch. I went inside and explained I got extra.

They never asked my name, just said: "Don't worry, audit will find it and reverse it. We'll only handle it here if you don't have enough funds for the $20."

I had the funds. So I walked out, and sure enough, a day later, they added an extra $20 withdrawal on my account. They knew it was me. Don't know how, but they did.

I can’t believe anyone is that stupid.

Oh, I can, after working seven years working on various types of fraud cases. Banks do make mistakes, or more accurately some of the people working in banks sometimes make mistakes, and a transposed digit can and has resulted in someone thinking they've received "manna from heaven" when a deposit intended for one account is instead made to another.

The folks with any brains have sense enough to know that eventually an audit is going to find that mistake, and either inform the bank about it or at least remain silent and do nothing in the forlorn hope that the mistake will remain undiscovered. (BTW, failure to balance your bank statement is not a crime.:angel:)

The idiots go on a spending spree and are then shocked and horrified to find out there are outstanding warrants for their arrest when they can't refund the money.:LOL:

bankerr.jpg

I like that they only put a 15k 'down-payment' on a new Chevy Traverse. Before the mistaken deposit, they had $1200 in the account.

Back
Top Bottom