If You Passed on Today, What Would Google Say?

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just now googled me, once again out of curiosity. I've done it a few times in the past. My name is similar to others, but I have been able to screen the results to me in particular.

Dang! I am pretty happy with the results. They kinda condense my life, and it's all good.

I prefer those google results on the Internet as my legacy instead of a gravestone somewhere that few would ever visit.

What about you? Have you ever googled your life?

Last edited:
Nothing at all actually, which is how I prefer it. It has lots of stuff about others with my same name. Perfect!

Last edited:
Google knows very little about me, that I can find anyway....

My name is unique (enough) that it showed up on top for LinkedIn and FB. It also showed up with my previous address in California, but I'm evidently 21 years old!

I did it once a few years ago and there was very little information.

But, to my surprise, Google did pull up a newspaper article from 20+ years ago when I testified at a city council meeting about some issue in our neighborhood.

Well, I wish there was nothing but that wasn't the case.

Nothing at all actually, which is how I prefer it. It has lots of stuff about others with my same name. Perfect!
I share a name with two fairly well-known people. Last time I checked, I didn't appear in the first 200 Google hits on my name alone.

I share a name with two fairly well-known people. Last time I checked, I didn't appear in the first 200 Google hits on my name alone.

That's about it for me too. My name is similar to a pop star, and any search made using my name gets defaulted to the other person. I'm good with that.

I try my best to be inexistant as far as Google is concerned. But a few published papers I authored 20 years ago still pop up.

I share my name with an actress of the 1930's.

The only hits that come up when I google my name are about her, which suits me just fine.

2 other people come up, but not me which is fine with me.

Since I did a lot of presentations at tech conferences, published white papers and contributed to tech manuals, that is predominantly what tends to show up.

Since DW is a published author and has (undeservedly) acknowledged me in the articles she has done, it shows up as well.

In general, the internet search results prevents a much more positive picture of me than I deserve :).

I just checked; not much, and not surprising: Old [running] race results, Bridge tournament results, old LinkedIn, and a video of me for a local politician from 12 years ago.

I enter a couple of photo shows per year. And belong to wildlife and bird photo groups on FB. So a lot of my photos come up on google. Also grade school basketball game where I scored 2 pts. Something that I'm not very proud of.

Google provides a link to my Facebook page but that's it. I can't imagine why I would want it to say anything more.

Since I share a name with a famous Nobel laureate, I am well protected against casual google searches.

I was quite amazed when I googled myself. I am very prominently displayed as:

image1.jpg

I can now rest peacefully.

I would be stone cold dead.

Well past caring about Google or anything else.

I used to be on LinkedIn when I was working but deleted my account after I retired. Good to see that I am not found on LinkedIn any more. Only match that was close is my Dad’s obituary in the local paper from 2009.

I still have a Facebook account which I rarely use but have it to access a bunch of relatives and some local businesses. I have the account kept very private and have no identifying information other than my name, not even birth date or place of birth. Google found 1 entry on Facebook matching my name, but it is not me.

Last edited:
I share a name with an author, so hopefully most matches go to that person. I have not looked in several years and don't really worry about it or care.

I try my best to be inexistant as far as Google is concerned. But a few published papers I authored 20 years ago still pop up.

Same with my friend. Her PhD papers published decades ago still show up. You can never escape :D

I was quite amazed when I googled myself. I am very prominently displayed as:

image1.jpg

I can now rest peacefully.
I'd print that out and take it to Starbucks for a possible discount. You never know... Probably could get a regular coffee for under $5.

I'm a doctor, so my Google reviews, etc. pop up. Nothing interesting at all though.

Back
Top Bottom