NFL: 2014 Season

Another example of Manning shrinking in a big game.

And to think that someone in an different thread about the best QB said that he is "quite a bit" better than Brady. :rolleyes:

I am not a Mannig honk, but I wouldn't be surprised if he is trying to hide an injury. He hasn't looked on his game for at least 3 games. And his typical wounded duck passes looked even weaker last night. It took forever for the ball to get to it's destination and wobbled all over the place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think Seahawks/Patriots is most likely and would be a good game, but don't count out the Packers yet.

Peyton doesn't even have the cold excuse for last night, though it looked like pretty miserable conditions from the little that I saw (only the last minute or so).

And to think that someone in an different thread about the best QB said that he is "quite a bit" better than Brady. :rolleyes:

I remember seeing that comment but I forgot who said it. I had to go back and look. Anyway, I don't know if he's right or not since every QB has bad games from time to time. It seemed to me that the Bengals just played a "lot" better than the Bronocs last night. It does make me wonder if Peyton's 38 and 1/2 years are starting to catch up with him or was this just one of his bad games.

Last edited:
I remember seeing that comment but I forgot who said it. I had to go back and look. Anyway, I don't know if he's right or not since every QB has bad games from time to time. It seemed to me that the Bengals just played a "lot" better than the Bronocs last night. It does make me wonder if Peyton's 38 and 1/2 years are starting to catch up with him or was this just one of his bad games.

A bad game here and there is a given but winning records in big games like playoff games is an indicator on who's the better QB. Brady 18-7 Manning 10-11.

Again Peyton has been the better regular season QB (when playing in a dome or in over 40 degree weather) but Brady has been better when it mattered the most.

While I'm a Pats/Brady fan and what you say is true, at the same time it seems to me foolish to compare win-loss records in comparing QBs in a truly team sport where how the offensive line, running backs, and defense performs also have huge impacts on the outcome of games. Put any of the top-flight QBs in the league on a team with a bad offensive line or a nonexistent running game or a poor defense and they would have poor win-loss records. In the end, it is a team sport and the team wins or loses. Brady and Belichick know that.

While I'm a Pats/Brady fan and what you say is true, at the same time it seems to me foolish to compare win-loss records in comparing QBs in a truly team sport where how the offensive line, running backs, and defense performs also have huge impacts on the outcome of games. Put any of the top-flight QBs in the league on a team with a bad offensive line or a nonexistent running game or a poor defense and they would have poor win-loss records. In the end, it is a team sport and the team wins or loses. Brady and Belichick know that.

+1, Tony Romo would definitely agree

Perhaps, but I would not consider him one of the league's top-flight quarterbacks... (he is in the top 32 though). :D

We can debate this all we want but I wouldn't want any QB on my team other than Brady. Over the years he did much more with average receivers than other QBs have done with much superior talent and he always limited the critical mistakes that cost his team a playoff game.

Perhaps, but I would not consider him one of the league's top-flight quarterbacks... (he is in the top 32 though). :D

After many years of watching Romo and despite his QBR, for many reasons I wouldn't argue with your opinion:cool:

We can debate this all we want but I wouldn't want any QB on my team other than Brady. Over the years he did much more with average receivers than other QBs have done with much superior talent and he always limited the critical mistakes that cost his team a playoff game.

I totally agree but my only point is that this could be true even if his win-loss record was not as stellar. It's intangible and hard to measure.

Time for a mid-season update on the "worst to first" theory...

Here's where the candidates stand after 8 weeks.

Their odds for the fab four making the playoffs:

Buffalo 45%
Cleveland 22%
Houston 33%
Atlanta 6%, but already needs help

Final update: Of all of last year's last place teams, only Atlanta still has a chance to finish first in their division.

With a record of 7-9. :facepalm:

The Broncos (Manning) certainly earned that loss with Peyton throwing four interceptions. :nonono:

I think it's safe to say he threw away any chance of getting MVP. Rodgers should be a lock now. Romo is coming on strong to end the season but with Murray leading the league in rushing they will split votes. JJ Watt, and Brady will likely each get a few votes. Even Roethlisberger may get a couple but it shouldn't be a very close vote with Rodgers winning assuming he doesn't throw 3+ Ints in the last game.

I think it's safe to say he threw away any chance of getting MVP. Rodgers should be a lock now. Romo is coming on strong to end the season but with Murray leading the league in rushing they will split votes. JJ Watt, and Brady will likely each get a few votes. Even Roethlisberger may get a couple but it shouldn't be a very close vote with Rodgers winning assuming he doesn't throw 3+ Ints in the last game.

Agree, Peyton is out of the running for MVP this year. I'd like to see JJ get it but playing for the Texans is probably going to hurt him. Also, he's a defensive player and all the glory seems to go to the QB's and running backs. Examples, since 2003, Peyton has won it 5 times, Brady twice and Rodgers once. With only one game left in the regular season, I expect it will be another QB this year. Probably Rodgers but Brady and Romo will be contenders.

Defensive player of the year award. JJ - no contest

Last edited:
Agree, Peyton is out of the running for MVP this year. I'd like to see JJ get it but playing for the Texans is probably going to hurt him. Also, he's a defensive player and all the glory seems to go to the QB's and running backs. Examples, since 2003, Peyton has won it 5 times, Brady twice and Rodgers once. With only one game left in the regular season, I expect it will be another QB this year. Probably Rodgers but Brady and Romo will be contenders.

Defensive player of the year award. JJ - no contest

JJ doesn't even lead the league in sacks. I think for a defensive person to win the MVP they have to lead the league in sacks by a large margin or set a new record. Running backs have to lead the league in rushing by a large margin or cross over 2000 yds. Murray leads the league by a large margin in rushing which is why he'll get some consideration but without crossing 2000 yds I don't think he can beat out the top QBs. Romo won't get a lot of votes because of his past. Brady will get more votes than he should because of his past but Rodgers will get the win he deserves.

JJ doesn't even lead the league in sacks. I think for a defensive person to win the MVP they have to lead the league in sacks by a large margin or set a new record. Running backs have to lead the league in rushing by a large margin or cross over 2000 yds. Murray leads the league by a large margin in rushing which is why he'll get some consideration but without crossing 2000 yds I don't think he can beat out the top QBs. Romo won't get a lot of votes because of his past. Brady will get more votes than he should because of his past but Rodgers will get the win he deserves.

Doesn't JJ lead the league in touchdowns by a defensive player:confused:?

Doesn't JJ lead the league in touchdowns by a defensive player:confused:?

I dont think you can count his TDs while playing TE as defensive TD's by a defensive player. Hes not leading the league in TDs by a defensive player while playing defense.

JJ doesn't even lead the league in sacks. I think for a defensive person to win the MVP they have to lead the league in sacks by a large margin or set a new record.

No doubt, sacks are important but that's only tells part of the story for a defensive player. Besides that, JJ is ranked #2 in sacks and is only 1/2 a sack out of first place.

I doubt that any defensive player will win MVP (as usual) although JJ could be the rare exception in 2014. However, as I said earlier, I do think he should win the best defensive player award. Sack leader or not.

Last edited:
Another impressive 1H for Cowboys, with Murray breaking Emitt's record. Also glad to see our former HS QB leading KC over Chargers in 1H.

I guess Gary Kubiak (Baltimore Ravens offensive coordinator) must be feeling pretty good today since it was his team that knocked the Houston Texans out of the 2014 playoffs yesterday. Especially since the Texans fired him last year as their head coach. :facepalm:

Bears Black Monday! GM on down have been canned! Let the rebuilding begin, about time the McCaskey's change things up and hopefully for the better.

Bears Black Monday! GM on down have been canned! Let the rebuilding begin, about time the McCaskey's change things up and hopefully for the better.
They'll never get the results they want with their loser QB. It's not just about stats (what Cutler fans always defend with), there are plenty of people in all sports who are technically able, but not mentally.

http://www.abreakingnews.com/sports...ng-major-decisions-on-jay-cutler-h311520.html

We have a lot of close friends who are lifelong Bears fans, I feel for them. They're still fully supportive but despondent, but even they can't keep themselves up with nothing to talk about since 1985...

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the decision to offer Cutler a big contract is going to haunt them for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom