NFL: 2014 Season

Well Suh won his appeal....no suspension... Just has to cut a $70,000 dollar personal check to I assume the Aaron Rodgers leg and foot massage fund.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:(:(:confused::mad::mad::nonono:

Aaron you are a good man with strong morals. But no way was NFL gonna let this prime time playoff game of the week be hindered by suspensions. They want ratings...I bet this may be a great game. In fact since I will be in Vegas, I just might!
BTW- Don't you love the consistency....Sherman won't speak to media gets a $100k fine.... A repeat stomper gets hit with a $75k one...a struggle to find the logic here.

Aaron you are a good man with strong morals. But no way was NFL gonna let this prime time playoff game of the week be hindered by suspensions. They want ratings...I bet this may be a great game. In fact since I will be in Vegas, I just might!
BTW- Don't you love the consistency....Sherman won't speak to media gets a $100k fine.... A repeat stomper gets hit with a $75k one...a struggle to find the logic here.

The NFL..it's all about the Money..$$$$;)

+1, disgusting! The Lions won't get far anyway. Too bad, Stafford seems like a good egg.

Yes, but Lions plus 7 with that stout D now intact with Dallas being 4-4 at home is a very tempting bet!

Cool story Aja... reminds me of my encounter with O.J. Simpson on a golf course in Mexico - a mere 3 months before he went on his murderous rampage. He was very nice and charming - he was retired from playing, but was still quite a physical specimen.

He was acquitted. Better hope he doesn't see this and sue you for slander. Nevermind. He doesn't have internet where he lives.

Yes, but Lions plus 7 with that stout D now intact with Dallas being 4-4 at home is a very tempting bet!

The way Dallas has been playing lately, I wouldn't make that bet. I admit it is a possibility though.

I know that you posters here are wondering how I did in the ESPN pigskin pick'em. I finished in the top 8.1%. Yay! duck!! There were only 40,339 people ahead of me (true). That's an awful lot of people who made lucky guesses.

The way Dallas has been playing lately, I wouldn't make that bet. I admit it is a possibility though.

Maybe $20 at most. I wouldn't trust either team for more than that!

Looks like Suh won't get suspended after all but only pay a 70K fine :facepalm:

While Rodgers did not say explicitly that he thought Suh's actions were intentional, he did have serious doubts as to how they could be viewed as accidental.

"The only thing I can say is if you step on something in your everyday life or if you step on somebody on the field," Rodgers said Tuesday, "the first reaction seems to be looking back and maybe apologizing with your hands or maybe pulling your foot back right away, and I'm just not sure that's what happened on Sunday."

Ndamukong Suh of Detroit Lions wins appeal, will play in playoff game vs. Dallas Cowboys - ESPN

If it weren't the playoffs, the suspension would have stuck but it's money time and don't want anyone to be saying that America's Team had any help from NFL head office to make it out of the first round. Detroit's defence (especially with Suh) is pretty formidable and frankly, it seems to me that anything can happen with Romo at the helm. Should be entertaining either way.

If it weren't the playoffs, the suspension would have stuck but it's money time and don't want anyone to be saying that America's Team had any help from NFL head office to make it out of the first round. Detroit's defence (especially with Suh) is pretty formidable and frankly, it seems to me that anything can happen with Romo at the helm. Should be entertaining either way.

If I was a betting person (which I'm not), I'd stay away from the Lions-Cowboys game. Stafford and Romo come playoff time both have had their problems.

About the Suh, no suspension. Well, I guess it was less obvious then his teammate the week before against the Bears :facepalm:

It's crazy that there is not even a game suspension. Not even for stepping not once but twice on the biggest star of the NFL who already has a gimpy leg.

Last edited:
It's crazy that there is not even a game suspension. Not even for stepping not once but twice on the biggest star of the NFL who already has a gimpy leg.

For sure, the NFL fails again in handling this habitual offender. At least the NFL is consistent in screwing up all such bad behaviors, including spouse/GF abuse.

For sure, the NFL fails again in handling this habitual offender. At least the NFL is consistent in screwing up all such bad behaviors, including spouse/GF abuse.
I guess they just can't really say or practice "no more"

Last edited:
I suppose if he stomped on his spouse/GF like he did on Aaron Rogers that he would have been suspended.

I suppose if he stomped on his spouse/GF like he did on Aaron Rogers that he would have been suspended.

Well I wouldn't call it a stomp. Just an "accidental step backwards". But yes I will admit it would hurt like hell still. But you have to love the official explanation he gave for the action....My feet were so cold out there from playing I didn't even feel I stepped on him.

Well I wouldn't call it a stomp. Just an "accidental step backwards". But yes I will admit it would hurt like hell still. But you have to love the official explanation he gave for the action....My feet were so cold out there from playing I didn't even feel I stepped on him.

Bull puckey! The first step, maybe. The second, when he raised his other foot, to insure his full weight was felt...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Bull puckey! The first step, maybe. The second, when he raised his other foot, to insure his full weight was felt...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Personally I think the intent was clear based on how Suh reacted after Rodgers shoved him. He did not even turn around or acknowledge the shove. When you get shoved it is natural to turn around and look. But then again maybe he tried to but he was so cold he couldn't. :)

Personally I think the intent was clear based on how Suh reacted after Rodgers shoved him. He did not even turn around or acknowledge the shove. When you get shoved it is natural to turn around and look. But then again maybe he tried to but he was so cold he couldn't. :)

With Rodgers' accuracy, maybe the next chance he should have did a Burt Reynolds in "The Longest Yard" :LOL:

With Rodgers' accuracy, maybe the next chance he should have did a Burt Reynolds in "The Longest Yard" :LOL:
+1. And then Rodger's could say 'I don't know what happened, my hands were really cold...'

Back
Top Bottom