NFL: 2014 Season

The Boys and the Pack should be the best game depending on how banged up Rogers really is. If he's healthy it should be a shootout, if not I don't see that the Packers D can consistently stop Murray and Bryant.

Seattle over Panthers

Colts over Broncos

Ravens over Patriots

Packers over Cowboys.

I also thought gasoline prices would be nearer to $5 a gallon by the end of last year.

I'll go with...all the bye teams.

Pats over Ravens

Broncos over Colts

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys...

Good luck on the picks, Car Guy. I always bow out after wildcard. Betting pollutes my interest level. After cashing in my season long bets winnings, and my annual wild card weekend in Vegas I'm done with a profit for the year. Only game I will watch is the Cowboys. Now it's time focus on my $1500 season long NHL point total bets of Calgary 72 over and Maple Leafs 87 over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, I may need it.

As I mentioned before, I'm a Cowboys fan and really hope they beat Green Bay but it's probably going to be a tough one. Hopefully its good game and isn't decided or tainted by poor officiating.

Congratulations on the profits for the year and good luck on your NHL bets.

Last edited:
If they don't win this year, you're going to be waiting a very long time. This is Brady's last hurrah and once hes gone it could easily be 10+ years before they find another franchise QB. Its the hardest thing to do in pro sports. There are very few to go around

No way. Brady is still in his prime (albeit over the hump) so I don't see him going anywhere or retiring anytime in the next few years. He'll continue to play as long as he thinks they can win. Super competitive guy who likes to win.

I didn't mean to say Brady will retire next year. Only that the window is closing rapidly.

He was ranked 21st in yards per attempt this year. He cant throw deep anymore.
Combine that with the fact that he was ranked 14th in completion percentage (which should be much higher when you aren't throwing deep very often). Those aren't "in his prime" numbers anymore. He still finds the open guy most every time and makes very few mistakes which makes him better than most QBs but his physical skills are fading quickly.

Frankly, I hope both PM and TB retire in the next year or two. Take your rings, records, and money, and get off the field while you can still motor under your own power.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

Honestly I can't believe that PM is still playing, let alone at the level he is, given all he has been through. Before and for months after his neck surgery he looked like a robot with his neck totally immobilized. It amazes me that he risked very serious injury in the first place and that he has stood up to the punishment since his return.

Honestly I can't believe that PM is still playing, let alone at the level he is, given all he has been through. Before and for months after his neck surgery he looked like a robot with his neck totally immobilized. It amazes me that he risked very serious injury in the first place and that he has stood up to the punishment since his return.

In interviews when he first got to Denver, he said he asked the doctors if there was any additional risk to his continued playing. They told him his neck was stronger now than before all the surgery. He has taken quite a few hits and they don't seem to bother him any more than they would another QB.

It's a good thing I don't bet :)

Now this is what I'm talking about in a playoff game. Trick play to make it 28-28. Two 14 point deficits made up. Yeah baby!

Pats were lucky to win that. They'll have to play better on both sides of the ball to keep their season alive.

Yes lucky. Sometimes that is what it takes. Coming back twice from 14 points down is huge as well as the deflation of the turnover and touchdown just before the half. Happy to see the Ravens out but a gritty performance and you have to like Harbaugh's strategising right down to the end.

I was really happy to see some unsportsmanlike conduct calls made by the refs. Players spend too much of the game posturing and running their mouths. Those calls took control and got the players to play football. It was a good game and the officials did a fine job.
My bet on the Ravens beat the spread. Yea!

I was really happy to see some unsportsmanlike conduct calls made by the refs. Players spend too much of the game posturing and running their mouths. Those calls took control and got the players to play football. It was a good game and the officials did a fine job.
My bet on the Ravens beat the spread. Yea!

Agree, it was a good and exciting game although I was surprised the final score was as close as it was.

Last edited:
Ravens played very good but the Great Brady single handedly won the game and now holds the all time record in most playoff wins with 19 and broke Montana record for most playoff TD with 46.:dance:

Bring on the Broncos or the Colts. Go PATS

Last edited:
Yep. Single handedly. Brady threw the ball and caught the ball. One of his passes even bounced off of Edelmans hands all the way down field into Amendola's hands. I'm sure Brady would've caught that TD also if Amendola hadn't gotten into his way. He also intercepted Flacco twice while sitting on the bench. Brady is a freak!

Frankly, I hope both PM and TB retire in the next year or two. Take your rings, records, and money, and get off the field while you can still motor under your own power.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I read an interesting article in SI about Brady. Retirement is not in his plans at all. He has basically a full time "business" devoted to his training and lifestyle. He is very serious when he says he plans to play until he is 45. Whether he can or not Father Time will decide. I remember George Blanda waddling out onto the field in his late 40s to try and bail out Daryle Lamonica when I was a young un. One thing is sure he has a better fitness training regimen than Blanda had. I'm sure this was a part ego comment, but John Elway said last year physically he could still play the position, but the body just can't handle being hit anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not surprised to see Seattle take apart Carolina. Good O and better D, I'm indifferent on Seattle, but when they're on - wow. Shocking what they did to the Broncos last SB.

I'm 2 for 2 too, but I picked all 4 favs, how hard is that. Still picking GB and Denver, we'll see. I don't root against anyone, bad form IMHO.

Yep. Single handedly. Brady threw the ball and caught the ball. One of his passes even bounced off of Edelmans hands all the way down field into Amendola's hands. I'm sure Brady would've caught that TD also if Amendola hadn't gotten into his way. He also intercepted Flacco twice while sitting on the bench. Brady is a freak!

Well I meant to say almost single handedly. He completed 67% of his passes threw for 3 TDs and ran for a fourth on a day when the running game produced 14 yards and the Ravens knew he would be throwing on every down. Clutch.

Brady did have a great game. The Pats had a great game plan. Balt cant stop the pass and the Pats threw the ball 51 times and only ran it 13 times. I dont think they ran it a single time in the second half.

Pats were lucky to win that. They'll have to play better on both sides of the ball to keep their season alive.

+1 They eked out a good win to advance but were not particularly impressive on either side of the ball.

Back
Top Bottom