NFL: 2014 Season

+1 They eked out a good win to advance but were not particularly impressive on either side of the ball.

The defense was not impressive at all especially in the first half when the Ravens drove up and down the field. The offense on the other hand with the exception of the Brady's interception was good and scored 35 points.

I think they will do fine against either the Colts or the Broncos both of whom they defeated soundly early in the season but if they make it to the Superbowl they will have a tough time beating a Seattle or a Green bay team if the defense does not improve.

• Onions diced and ready (check)
  • Chipotle dip prepared (check)
  • Bratwurst marinating in Vanilla Stout (check)
  • Charcoal grill ready to light (check)
Will soon be sitting back and watching the Packers show the Cowboys how a roundup really works.

This posting neither advice to purchase or sell stock in the Green Bay Packers. Thesues does have a position in the stock mentioned.

Will soon be sitting back and watching the Packers show the Cowboys how a roundup really works.

This posting neither advice to purchase or sell stock in the Green Bay Packers. Thesues does have a position in the stock mentioned.

Awesome! What time should I come over?

Carolina tried to take Marshawn Lynch away, and in large part they succeeded. They dared Russell Wilson to beat them...well, 150 QB rating says he did. Hawks defense speaks for itself. Good luck to Green Bay/Dallas going into Century Link Field.

This post is worthless without an address...:D

Carolina tried to take Marshawn Lynch away, and in large part they succeeded. They dared Russell Wilson to beat them...well, 150 QB rating says he did. Hawks defense speaks for itself. Good luck to Green Bay/Dallas going into Century Link Field.

I have the game DVR'd (like all the weekend games) but I'm not sure I'll bother watching. The final score was closer then I thought it would be. I like Russell Wilson but despise Pete Carroll so overall I'm not a fan of the Hawks.

kam_chancellor_wallpaper_by_snowblind037-d75wa1t.jpg

What a performance last night!
:dance: Go Hawks!

Last edited:
Green Bay looks lost in the game about now. I hope they find the field after half time. Rodgers looks like this is the first time he played with the team.

I'm supposed to meet DD and her BF at a Packers bar at the half to watch the 2nd half. Maybe I'll call in sick....

That completion should have been reversed. It looks to me like the refs are giving the Cowboys some payback for the refs messing up the Lions' game :facepalm:

That completion should have been reversed. It looks to me like the refs are giving the Cowboys some payback for the refs messing up the Lions' game :facepalm:
I agree, one of the pointy ends of the ball :) hit the ground from one of the instant replays that I saw. Even one of the broadcasters said it while the play was under review. A couple of bad and/or missed calls already.

Last edited:
Not sure about the reversal near the end of the game, thought the receiver had gained a few yards after the catch to "complete" the football move but it was the key play of the game I think. Great game.

Last edited:
[-]Wow, I wanted GB to,win, but the Cowboys were robbed on the last incomplete call on Bryant. He had control and his left knee was down well before the ball came loose. I'd be surprised if the NFL doesn't call that one a mistake within a few days, like they did on the 2 bad calls on Detroit.[/-] I thought the ground couldn't cause a fumble or an incomplete pass, evidently the former is true, and not the latter. Shows what I know.

Guess that squares the bad calls on Detroit last week, that went the Cowboys way. Really too bad in both cases. Not easy to referee.

Now I just need Denver...

Last edited:
Bring on the Packers! And how appropriate it's GB, as this 2014 NFL season started with the SEA vs. GB Kickoff Game. Time for the Seahawk defense to make another elite QB look ordinary. Go Hawks!

Well, I think Packers pass blocking won the game for them in the 2nd half, while Cowboys pass blocking was not very good, along with Romo taking negative yardage. Also, Dez probably should have just gone to the ground instead of reaching for the end zone.

Anyway, good season for the Cowboys considering they were picked to be a bottom of the barrel team at the start of the season.

I say the ball was a catch. It looks like Bryant caught the ball, pulled it towards his shoulder, then made the football move to get extra yardage when the ball touched the ground as he rolled and moved. That happened in such a short timeframe.

I think catch or not, that probably didn't matter as there was plenty of time for the Packers to drive down and take the lead anyhow had the Cowboys scored.

Dallas should have kept running the ball when they had the small lead instead of emptying the backfield and passing.

I can't blame the game on Romo who put in a gutsy performance :LOL:

Rodgers better heal fast going against Seattle.

Oh yeah, and the NFL wants a Rodgers vs Manning or Brady matchup for the Superbowl :LOL:

Watch the replay again. Bryant's knee never touches the ground. Besides, it doesn't matter. If you are falling when you catch the ball, you have to control the ball after hitting the ground which he clearly didn't do.

I think hobbling Aaron Rogers put on one hell of performance. I don't get that 4th and 2 call either.

Not sure about the reversal near the end of the game, thought the receiver had gained a few yards after the catch to "complete" the football move but it was the key play of the game I think. Great game.

I must have backed the DVR up at least 10 rimes and watched it again and again. That one was close and could be argued either way IMO. It's just unfortunate that the outcome of a game this important has to be decided on a call like that. You win some and you lose some.

However, it was one hell of a game.

Last edited:
Watch the replay again. Bryant's knee never touches the ground. Besides, it doesn't matter. If you are falling when you catch the ball, you have to control the ball after hitting the ground which he clearly didn't do.
His left knee does touch the ground, we watched very slo-mo several times. May look different from another angle, and the knee turns out to be irrelevant anyway.

We can go on and on about that catch (or not) and it will be replayed 5,000 times tonight on the never ending NFL post game shows.

It's in the books, and GB will have their hands full next week in Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom