NFL: 2014 Season

In my opinion the rule is bad and that should be a complete pass. However, with the rule that is in place, the refs got it right after reviewing it. Can't blame the refs for Dallas losing. It was a close game and they just got edged out at the end by a very strong GB team. Rodgers was clearly not 100% and I can only assume he will be the same or worse next week in Seattle. I will be rooting HARD for the packers but think they really only have about a 25% chance of winning with Rodgers hobbling around in Seattle.

So, watching the replay again of the Dez [-]catch[/-] non-catch, there really isn't a definitive view or the ball touching the ground. I think the refs sometimes have a quick trigger finger to reverse calls. Remember the original ruling was complete, but IMO, there was just assumption that the ball hit the ground.

I think the play of the game wasn't that one, but the caused fumble by Peppers as that saved a TD and prevented the Cowboys from going up by 14.

Here's what Texas Governor elect, Greg Abbott, had to say (tweeted) about the Dallas loss.

"Robbery reported in Green Bay. Perpetrators last seen wearing black & white stripped shirts & black hats"

Last edited:
Here's what Texas Governor elect, Greg Abbott, had to say (tweeted) about the Dallas loss.

"Robbery reported in Green Bay. Perpetrators last seen wearing black & white stripped shirts & black hats"
Their previous crime scene was in Arlington the week before, where they were seen picking up flags. :LOL:

Hey, no politics!

jk :D

The Broncos just got hosed by the refs :blush:

So, watching the replay again of the Dez [-]catch[/-] non-catch, there really isn't a definitive view or the ball touching the ground. I think the refs sometimes have a quick trigger finger to reverse calls. Remember the original ruling was complete, but IMO, there was just assumption that the ball hit the ground.

I think the play of the game wasn't that one, but the caused fumble by Peppers as that saved a TD and prevented the Cowboys from going up by 14.

You cant be serious. Its clear as day that the ball hit the ground. Nobody even disputed whether or not it hit the ground. The argument was what the rule was.

You cant be serious. Its clear as day that the ball hit the ground. Nobody even disputed whether or not it hit the ground. The argument was what the rule was.
And interpretations with respect to what constitutes a "football move".

Meanwhile, Denver continues to sleepwalk.

The Broncos just got hosed by the refs :blush:

What the possession by an unconscious punt returner?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Wow! Denver played those final two minutes like they didn't care anymore and just wanted to go home. Where was that Manning magic displayed vs. Seattle in the final minutes of that game earlier this season?

Unless you're a Cowboy fan I don't see how you say Bryant made a football move. He never had his feet under him.

The fumble by the punt returner in the Denver/Indy game was a horrible call. That guy couldn't tell you what state he was in let alone make a football move. I have no idea how he was ruled to have possession.

What the possession by an unconscious punt returner?

Yep. That play.

But the bad reversal probably didn't change to outcome of the game anyhow.

The Colts dominated most of the game. It was my lock for the week.

Wow! Denver played those final two minutes like they didn't care anymore and just wanted to go home. Where was that Manning magic displayed vs. Seattle in the final minutes of that game earlier this season?

Manning looks old and tired. He cant throw more than 15 yards with any accuracy. Every deep ball wobbles. Hes looked bad for 6 weeks now.

Its too easy to pick all the home teams, even though rarely do all of them win. I'd say the most likely upset is Indy over Denver. Next most likely would be Dallas over GB, although I don't see it happening. NE and Seattle look like they have the easiest games to me.

Cha-Ching!! I win the prize!

Yes Denver got beat. Bad call really made no difference.

I've always been a Manning fan but maybe it's time for him to quit tossing passes on the football field and stick to tossing pizza's at his Papa John Pizza franchises.

We may have just seen him in his last pro game... Then again, maybe not;)

Last edited:
I've always been a Manning fan but maybe it's time for him to quit tossing passes on the football field and stick to tossing pizza's at his Papa John Pizza franchises.

We may have just seen him in his last pro game... Then again, maybe not;)
Maybe, after Seattle's nice performance last night, he just realized he didn't want to face the LOB a third time. :)
ByAMFG_IAAE-Ya1.jpg

Last edited:
utrecht
quote_img.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by utrecht
Its too easy to pick all the home teams, even though rarely do all of them win. I'd say the most likely upset is Indy over Denver. Next most likely would be Dallas over GB, although I don't see it happening. NE and Seattle look like they have the easiest games to me.

Cha-Ching!! I win the prize!

I'm picking Pats over Ravens

Colts over Broncos - upset at mile high

Seahawks over Panthers

Packers over Cowboys - could be close, but I don't see Cowboys beating Packers, Rodgers' gimpy calf or not.

I'm picking the same as easysurfer.

Guess you never learned to share.

Okay. I saw a view of the ball hitting the ground. I wouldn't say 100% though that it wasn't a catch. The one thing which is almost unanimous is that's a dumb rule :LOL: about having to make a football move.

The Colts deserve a lot of credit for going to Denver with the intention to stopping the run because they knew Manning can no longer throw with any velocity.

The Broncos have been masking his deficiencies by running the football for the last 6 weeks. Manning's record is now 11-11 in the playoffs. Great regular season QB but always underperformed in the playoffs and tonight was no different.

Here we go. No catch but bad rule:

I've long argued that the very existence of people like Pereira should highlight the problem. Think about it, are there rules analysts dotting the telecasts of NBA or MLB games?

Of course not because there is no need for them. You might argue so and so made a bad call in a particular game but the rules in those sports are straight forward and don't need tortured explanations from people with a PhD in contradiction.

The Sports Network - National Football League

Cowboy fan here. Sure seems like it was 1) a catch or 2) a bad rule that needs to change.

However, that's the way it goes and sometimes you get the breaks and sometimes not.

I'm now rooting for Seattle. I love Russell Wilson. And I love and fear the legion of boom. They are great. They talk smack but sure back it up. That Cam field goal jump block was nothing short of awesome.

I don't like Seattle fans attitudes including the ones on this board. But I get it. If it was my team I'd be full of it too.

Muir

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

😊
I figured that might get a reaction.

I didn't say bad attitudes. Just attitudes. Cocky, boastful, hubris. Of course your team backs it up.

Don't get disturbed by my comment. I'm admittedly jealous my team has no legion of boom.

Muir

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom