NFL: 2015 Season

Back to the games, the Panthers' game at the Giants will be interesting on Sunday. I wonder if the Giants will upset the undefeated Panthers as they did the Patriots back in 2007. Their defense is not as good as the 2007 team but Eli is a big game QB and his team is fighting with Redskins and Eagles for a playoffs spot. I smell an upset....

The Giants are at home. I could see the upset happening if they can put together 4 good quarters instead of 3 like they seem to do most games.

After living in New England (30 years) and California (12 years), and now Houston, it's hard to be Texan fan.:LOL:

After living in New England (30 years) and California (12 years), and now Houston, it's hard to be Texan fan.:LOL:

Who knows....week 17 may have Texans flex scheduled into primetime... 7-8 Texans vs. 7-8 Jaguars... Win and in your in showdown...Now that is drama that will excite the masses. :)
Though I imagine Giants and Eagles will be in same boat and on tv instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Moderator note

A new thread has been created to discuss NE Patriot sportsmanship, sports cheating, and related subject matter. A few recent posts were transferred from this thread, it can be found here http://www.early-retirement.org/forums/f27/ne-patriots-cheating-and-related-topics-79967.html
The list of posts moved is not all encompassing, just a recent few.

Please post new thoughts on the cheating there and keep this thread focused on it's original topic, the 2015 NFL season.

Anyone want to give a review of the possible NFC playoff teams?

Attachments

• nl.png
    nl.png
    657.2 KB · Views: 40
Anyone want to give a review of the possible NFC playoff teams?

If any team deserves to get in playoffs for the fans just based on sheer emotional toll this season has been, one should root for Giants to make it. I am not a Giants fan but can relate to them. What an emotionally draining season.

If any team deserves to get in playoffs for the fans just based on sheer emotional toll this season has been, one should root for Giants to make it. I am not a Giants fan but can relate to them. What an emotionally draining season.

I agree even though I would be nervous if they play the Pats in the SB assuming both teams make it there. I like Tom Coughlin from his days coaching at Boston College but I think if they don't make the playoffs for the 5th time in 6 years he will be fired.

I agree even though I would be nervous if they play the Pats in the SB assuming both teams make it there. I like Tom Coughlin from his days coaching at Boston College but I think if they don't make the playoffs for the 5th time in 6 years he will be fired.

I think its time for Coughlin to go. Hes the oldest coach in the league and it seems like the league has passed him by just like it did to Chuck Noll, Tom Landry and others back in the day. Having said that, he does seem to find a way to play the Pats well. The Giants came within a whisker of beating them this year too even though they are clearly not in the same class skill wise.

I think its time for Coughlin to go. Hes the oldest coach in the league and it seems like the league has passed him by just like it did to Chuck Noll, Tom Landry and others back in the day. Having said that, he does seem to find a way to play the Pats well. The Giants came within a whisker of beating them this year too even though they are clearly not in the same class skill wise.

Visually, there appears to be no coach enjoying himself on the sidelines less than Coach Coughlin. Its a cruel business... If this was a 3rd quarter sport people would be nominating him for coach of the year.

Last edited:
I was wondering about the same.

Im sure its history....Arizona/Nevada was huge Cowboy country before PHX stole Big Red from us up here in MO. When Big Red first started playing in AZ and Cowboys came to town it sounded like Big Red was playing on the road. Time and a bit of success changed that in Az. I imagine, but Nevada being far enough away from PHX probably stayed Cowboy country. My best guess anyways....

Here are the records of the AFC teams with realistic playoff hopes. If anyone thinks the schedule isn't the major factor in how the good teams end up, look at this.

The first column is the team's record (going into this week). Second column is the combined record of the team's opponents this season. The teams at the top who have the best records have played the weakest teams. The possible playoff teams with the worst records have played the toughest teams.

The Jets are clearly the outlier having played the 2nd weakest schedule but having a good but not superior record. I could easily argue that if every team played the same schedule, the teams would all be lumped in close to 9-4

N.E............11-2....82-87
Cincinnati...10-3....80-89
Denver.......10-3....79-90
K.C...........8-5.....89-80
Pittsburgh..8-5.....89-80
Jets...........8-5.....80-89
Indy..........6-7.....92-77
Houston.....6-7.....92-77

I didnt do the NFC but to prove the point further

Carolina...13-0....72-97
I wont be surprised at all to see Carolina lose early in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Mercifully, Da Boyz are now officially eliminated from contention. Wasn't impressed with the young QB, but he gets an "A" for effort. Or is that an "E"?

Phil Simms said that Kellen Moore doesnt have size, doesnt have a strong arm, cant make plays with his legs...but knows how to play he position. So basically he has no NFL caliber talent but is smart?

Just think how this crazy scenario would be....Jerry Jones who threw Brandon Weeden under the bus for Cowboys struggles, comes off the bench for Texans leading them to victory. If they win next two games they are in the playoffs and all but certain one win gets them in. It would be hilarious to see Weeden starting a playoff game while "Jerra" watching at home in his mansion.

I really don't buy the spread of the Dallas Cowboy map. That may have been true under Tom Landry, but not under Jones.

One thing is certain. The TV networks love them. They always get great ratings. People love to see them win and probably an equal amount tune in to watch them get beat.

Here' the craziness of playoff scenarios.

Last week the Jets and Steelers were both 8-5. They were tied for the 2nd wild card but the Jets had the tie breaker so were technically ahead and wouldve been in the playoffs if the season ended right there. Even though the Jets won the Steelers now have the tie breaker and are ahead. The Jets will probably lose to NE this week anyway and be knocked out unless Pittsburgh loses to both Baltimore and Cleveland.

The Steelers shredded Denver's #1 defense with Roethlisberger having a career high 40 completions. The first half the Steelers defense looked like my previously mentioned swiss cheese but when into total lock down mode in the 2nd half. If you want to play the Steelers in the playoffs, raise your hand.

In the last 5 games Russell Wilson has 19 TD passes and 0 INTs. Raise your hand if you want to play Seattle in the playoffs.

Seattle and Pittsburgh have to be the 2 most dangerous wild card teams ever.

Yahoo Sports Power Rankings:

1) Carolina
2) N.E.
3) Arizona
4) Cincinnati
5) Pittsburgh
6) Denver
7) Seattle
8) K.C.
9) G.B.
10) Minnesota

Games played against the top 8 most powerful teams

Carolina.....1
N.E...........2
Arizona......3
Cincinnati...5
Pittsburgh..7
Denver.......4
Seattle......4
K.C...........4

Another representation of how the schedule makers can give a good team an unfair advantage and make their road to the SB much easier.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom