Nooo! One of the Car Talk guys passed!

H2ODude

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm sure I'm not the only Tar Talk fan on here. Tom Magliozzi, the older bearded of the two, recently died of complications from Alzheimers at 77. I always marveled at how that radio show could make me laugh out loud, and no TV show seems to be able to achieve that.

Sorry to hear that. Hate to see any car-guys leave us...

Remind me, was he Click or Clack?

Just read the notice myself - always had a great time listening to the show.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

so sad. loved listening to them. even if you knew nothing about cars they were entertaining. He had a great laugh.

My local public radio channel has been continuing to run their show composed of old material weekly. I wonder if it will continue?

-gauss

Oh, no indeed. What a great show--a delight. I had no idea Tom was ill with Alzheimer's, they only stopped making new episodes a couple of years ago.

A link to WBUR's web site with 5 audio clips. For those wondering who was who--Tom was the one with "the laugh"!

RIP--you'll be missed. "Don't drive like my brother!"

Last edited:
So sad, enjoy the show on Saturday mornings. RIP TomM

I have never attempted to fix anything on my car, but I loved listening to those two brothers!

I loved listening to their show. Hard to believe a couple of MIT nerds could be so funny.

I never tuned in on my own but if DH had it on I listened and always enjoyed it. I loved the calls that started with, "It's making a grrr -calunk gedunk noise when I make a left turn" and they would figure out what it was and how to fix it.

I alway loved listening to their show, even though I know nothing about cars. I loved their banter and the laughing. I smiled and laughed more to that show than any other. RIP Tom and condolences to Ray.

These guys saved me a good chunk of money on several occasions when I was able to diagnose and fix problems on my own thanks to information I learned from them. I also learned how to divide a pizza into three halves. No small accomplishment. [emoji3]

Really sad to hear this news. :(

I still enjoy listening the shows that are on public broadcasting each weekend although they are composed of old shows. These two were so entertaining.

RIP Tommy!

:(
Am not a "car guy" but loved their show, first started listening to it while in the USAF.
Very smart and funny guys, he will be missed.

Hope I don't get flamed to much, but not a fan. If you liked comedy, then yes, it was very entertaining. But if you really needed to fix your vehicle, then I felt they came up lame compared to internet advice you can get.

Hope I don't get flamed to much, but not a fan. If you liked comedy, then yes, it was very entertaining. But if you really needed to fix your vehicle, then I felt they came up lame compared to internet advice you can get.
If you thought their program was about car repair, no wonder you thought it lame. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom