NW-Bound haven't heard from You lately

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
NW-Boud haven't heard from you lately just wondering how you are doing.

I think they headed out in a European trip. Right after he stopped posting.

Audrey is right I think - this from June 1st

No, I am just going on one of the massive MSC ships.

I did consider the smaller Norwegian ships that go all the way to the top of Norway, and some trips are one-way too, meaning you have to fly back.

I decided that would be too many days on a ship, and this is the 2nd cruise already in the same trip, so passed on it.

Got ourselves another mini-suite with balcony for this cruise. Unlimited drinks not included in this one, if memory serves. That's OK.

It looked to me that I would get a better view of the fjords from a ship, than on a cliff looking down. And you may not be able to get to the edge to see any water.

A road trip would give you different sceneries, I am sure, as well as seeing how people live in these remote parts of Norway. The ship will dock at Flam, Hellesylt, and Alesund. I already booked a ride on the Flam railway. That will have to do for this trip.

Still researching what to do in Oslo...

I missed that but I should have looked at what he posted on his last visit to ER. Thanks a million for the info and hope he has a great time.

NW just wondering how you are doing.

Hello there my friends, Street and others who wondered.

I am alive and well, I think. Have been back in AZ for 3 weeks after a 34-day trip to Europe (Scandinavian countries), and trying to survive this heat. The daily high has been consistently above 110F (43C), and it got as high as 119F (48C). And the low, right before sunrise, has been above 90F (32C), and last week it was 96F (36C) for one night. Murder!

Anyway, I have been busy contemplating adding a couple of mini split ACs and also more solar panels to power them . Not right now, but to do this winter.

Before the trip, I beefed up the solar array to add 8 more panels (2.6 kW additional). Found out that my batteries now get more charge to run out of juice at 10PM instead of 8PM like last year, and the whole house runs on grid power after that.

So, you can see that I am busy trying to survive here. :) Do not want to end up like my plants which if they have not died are looking very pathetic.

More later....

Last edited:
Hello there my friends, Street and others who wondered.

I am alive and well, I think. Have been back in AZ for 3 weeks after a 34-day trip to Europe (Scandinavian countries), and trying to survive this heat. The daily high has been consistently above 110F (43C), and it got as high as 119F (48C). And the low, right before sunrise, has been above 90F (32C), and last week it was 96F (36C) for one night. Murder!

Anyway, I have been busy contemplating adding a couple of mini split ACs and also more solar panels to power them . Not right now, but to do this winter.

Before the trip, I beefed up the solar array to add 8 more panels (2.6 kW additional). Found out that my batteries now get more charge to run out of juice at 10PM instead of 8PM like last year, and the whole house runs on grid power after that.

So, you can see that I am busy trying to survive here. :) Do not want to end up like my plants which if they have not died are looking very pathetic.

More later....

Glad to see you posting again. It's hot in Texas, but not as hot as where you are. I can still play golf at 102 F with adequate Gatorade on hand.

Have been back in AZ for 3 weeks after a 34-day trip to Europe (Scandinavian countries), and trying to survive this heat. The daily high has been consistently above 110F (43C), and it got as high as 119F (48C). And the low, right before sunrise, has been above 90F (32C), and last week it was 96F (36C) for one night. Murder!

But it's a dry heat! :cool:

Glad to hear that you are doing well (barring the plant incident).

Yes the old dry heat comment.:D

I do wonder if in Florida for example the temperature is 90 with a heat index of 115 vs. dry heat of 115 in Arizona with no humidity let's just say.

Which heat feels hotter?

Glad to see you made it back and you are still kicking!!! Was wondering if you got lost or fell down and couldn't get up.

Good to have you back!!!

Glad to see you posting again. It's hot in Texas, but not as hot as where you are. I can still play golf at 102 F with adequate Gatorade on hand.

102F? I wish we get to down to that level.

While the high of 115-119F is bad, what's the killer is that it stays hot even at night. I looked, and saw that there are places in California where it gets that hot during the day, it gets down to 80F or lower at night. Here, we get no respite with the low being as high as 96F. At midnight, the temperature is still in the low 100F.

And it has been like this for a month, even before we got back from Europe. And by the way, it was nice in Scandinavia during our trip, compared to the heat now in Italy, and the wild fires in Greece.

Glad to hear that you are doing well (barring the plant incident).

Much of our garden plants is dying, despite being on an automatic drip watering. Even the grapefruit trees are being stressed with brown leaves. It's bleak.

Welcome back!

Thanks.

I do wonder if in Florida for example the temperature is 90 with a heat index of 115 vs. dry heat of 115 in Arizona with no humidity let's just say.

Which heat feels hotter?

I don't know, but think I will die without AC in both cases.

One thing about the low humidity is that 80F with low humidity feels very nice. That's the temperature inside my home now, with the ACs cranking 24/7. The same 80F temperature with humidity would make me miserable.

Glad to see you made it back and you are still kicking!!! Was wondering if you got lost or fell down and couldn't get up.

Good to have you back!!!

Hah, falling and not being able to get up? :confused:

Of course I am still kicking. When in Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo, we walked 6 to 7 miles each day. Oslo is not even 7 miles across, but I will save that for another thread.

Last edited:
Dry heat and evap coolers ftw here. At least until later afternoon and the hottest part of the day. Then we go refrigerated AC. We have seen a few highs over 110, lots over 100, but at least it cools down at night into the mid 70's or high 60's.

Which heat feels hotter?

Interesting question, but from someone who lives in a high humidity location I will say the heat index feels hotter...

I have been to Phoenix when it was hot and you sweat and cool off... or places had water misters which also cooled you off...

Here it is like a sauna... you sweat but nothing is evaporating so you just get soaking wet... misters just make you wetter...

Others might have a different opinion...

Interesting question, but from someone who lives in a high humidity location I will say the heat index feels hotter...

I have been to Phoenix when it was hot and you sweat and cool off... or places had water misters which also cooled you off...

Here it is like a sauna... you sweat but nothing is evaporating so you just get soaking wet... misters just make you wetter...

Others might have a different opinion...

My thoughts are also leaning towards your response, but also haven't experienced the continuous temps over 110.

I think plants like it hot and humid. Animals prefer low humidity.

Back
Top Bottom