• Bisexual

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Asexual

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
bpp said:
I wasn't really assuming that matriarchal or patriarchal structure had much to do with it.

nor would i. if something as powerful as patriarchy or matriarchy has no effect then why assume that any of the multiple ethos spun off from there would? if homophilia and homophobia can be found at different times in history, i wonder if it is less cultural and more cyclical.

lazygood4nothinbum said:
according to this theory, if the church (or temple or mosque, your choice) truly wanted to rid themselves of the hated homosexual and to break the cycle, their only paths are to accept, love and embrace them completely or simply kill us all. what would god do?

I'd be reluctant to present it this way to some of the religious fundamentalists I've heard, of both the Christian and Islamic faiths. They actually believe they KNOW what god would do, and have no compunctions about killing in his name, whether it be in war, capital punishment or whatever reason. Remember--Katrina was god's way of punishing society for all the homosexuality, at least according to Falwell.

I liked what Rosanne Barr had to say--you'd think that people that are disgusted by gay sex would be in favour of gay marriage--after all, why shouldn't gays get less sex like heterosexual married people?

(edited to credit correct person with quote--what was I thinking?)

Back
Top Bottom