Pole barn construction

OP - why is there plastic under the cement floor ?

Roughly how much did this cost, maybe I missed seeing it.

The 6mil plastic sheeting is a vapor barrier under the concrete. all-in price including concrete ran $46,645 - concrete portion was $6,300 - same crew did all phases start to finish. We spent an additional $2,000 prepping the site and having the stone base, (6 tri-axle truckloads), installed.

Sure looks nice.

The 6mil plastic sheeting is a vapor barrier under the concrete. all-in price including concrete ran $46,645 - concrete portion was $6,300 - same crew did all phases start to finish. We spent an additional $2,000 prepping the site and having the stone base, (6 tri-axle truckloads), installed.

What a bargain. I am getting quotes of $20 - 25K just for a stamped 8'x16' concrete patio with pergola, and stone work to support a built in grill and sitting wall.

What a bargain. I am getting quotes of $20 - 25K just for a stamped 8'x16' concrete patio with pergola, and stone work to support a built in grill and sitting wall.

Your slab is about a $750-800 portion of the job. The ready mix place may charge for a minimum 2 yards.

The wood for a pergola can get pretty expensive in today's retail market.

It's the cost of the built in grills that eat you alive. Need to be natural gas powered, and running gas lines are also expensive.

nice! Always wanted to build a pole barn. Doesn't look too bad.

nice! Always wanted to build a pole barn. Doesn't look too bad.

Yep, I have always wanted a big enough piece of land so I could have a good sized pole barn so the garage isn't always used for storage, etc. Plus I can heat and cool a large workshop area that isn't down in a basement where everything has to be carried up and down! :dance:

Ceiling going up!

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_082113537.jpg
    IMG_20210503_082113537.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 47
Looking great as progress continues. I have similar white metal ceiling panels in my detached shop garage. I like the contrasting lower on the exterior. Helps break up the expanse of large wall.

Garage door hung and running safety sensor wires while they blow-in insulation 15" deep

When I signed contract we didn't even discuss an automatic garage door opener.

This one also has a battery backup and is wifi controllable from my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_110404440_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210503_110404440_HDR.jpg
    637.5 KB · Views: 62
Nice to see someone who planned everything out. It's those damn details that end up doubling the cost!

For those wondering about the floor, they will lay the wire mesh for the floor in the morning before the concrete arrives.

Thanks, I'll make sure they do that to ours. Must be the season! My husband is in Idaho, but ours it taking much longer due to supply up there. This is 4 weeks and nobody on the job yesterday or today. 46 x 64 Cleary.

Attachments

• IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    884.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    670.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    858 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0186.jpg
    IMG_0186.jpg
    1,015.2 KB · Views: 40
Looks great! We were fortunate as all materials except ceiling metal, insulation and concrete were all delivered in 1 load on day construction started

Looks great, I put up a 35'x40' building a few years ago. Did it my self with a few friends. Took a whole but saved a bunch. It's stuck built though not pole construction. Has a full foundation and a walk up attic which is great. I out in 6" of insulation and lined the inside with old barn siding I salvaged from my neighbors collapsing barn. Looks pretty cool and was free. I'm planning another 30'x40' building when material comes down a bit.
I see you're in Gosport, I'm assuming it was an Amish crew?

Looks great, I put up a 35'x40' building a few years ago. Did it my self with a few friends. Took a whole but saved a bunch. It's stuck built though not pole construction. Has a full foundation and a walk up attic which is great. I out in 6" of insulation and lined the inside with old barn siding I salvaged from my neighbors collapsing barn. Looks pretty cool and was free. I'm planning another 30'x40' building when material comes down a bit.
I see you're in Gosport, I'm assuming it was an Amish crew?

The crew leader was Amish, the 4 helpers I can't be sure on all of them, although I know 1 of them was a nephew of the crew leader. The build crews are all independent of the pole barn company even though they work exclusively on the pole barn company's construction projects.

Dang I wish we could get Amish crews around here

The crew that is now building my friend’s pole barn are full time farmers. Pole barn is coming along slowly. It’s going to take 6 weeks from start to finish for his 72’x48’.

It’s funny around here not many build pole buildings . When we built our home I thought about that but changed our mind. Everything here is either the bolt together or the weld up .
Lots of old pole buildings still standing .

Your building looks great. Wish I could have one like it, but I don't have the space needed. Enjoy your new man cave.

I have a metal hay barn, only enclosed on 3 sides.

When I lived in Lehigh Valley the dutch would call my barn a dutch barn.

A dutch barn because you were to cheap to put a door on it.

No offense meant, 50% German heritage.

Getting ready for electric to be started today. I hand dug the trench in the gravel area yesterday morning and lucky for me the son-in-law who lives about 15 minutes away came by last night after he finished his farm work and dug the remaining 2/3rds of the way! About 45 feet total.

Adding sub-panel in garage and running from there to barn where there will be a 100 amp distribution panel.

Attachments

• IMG_20210521_081234980.jpg
    IMG_20210521_081234980.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
Back
Top Bottom