Poll: That's One Crazy Poll - Net Worth or Other?

Which One Best Describes Your Situation?

• Net Worth is Important - more important than other financial data points

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • Annual Expenses is the most important financial yardstick

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • I saw Rogue One: A Star Wars Story Recently

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Movies don't accurately depict real life

Votes: 37 33.3%
  • Annual Income is more important than anything else

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • My vehicle runs on gasoline

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • My vehicle runs on electricity

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • I burn diesel

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • 6 and 7

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Obviously Income - Expenses is more useful than net worth

Votes: 41 36.9%

• Total voters

nvestysly

Full time employment: Posting here.
I noticed a thread recently on the topic of net worth and related topics like income and expenses. Those are important topics but there are several other issues that come to mind as we close out 2016. So here's my poll!

Click on as many choices as you like.

Last edited:
I voted for Star Wars just to have an opportunity to vent about how much I hate going to the movie theatre. Every year when DD#2 comes home for the holidays we go see a movie and every year I am reminded just how much I despise the experience. Oh, and I didn't think too much of the movie, either.

Very concise poll. Touches on all the relevant issues as we head toward 2017.

Our income minus expenses allowed us to use our gasoline powered vehicle to go to the movie theater to see the Star Wars movie, which very accurately depicts our daily life, except that our droid is an earlier model than the one in the movie. I've never burned diesel but I did burn some cheese dripping off the pizza in the toaster oven.

Here's to a healthy and happy 2017 with plenty of humor!

You left out "taking SS at what age?"

And "Is a calorie a calorie?"

Oh, and..."Which is a more reprehensible waste of money: Fine jewelry, or a bunch of expensive specialized hobby equipment?"

Didn't see any options for preferences of blondes, brunettes or redheads so I didn't vote. However, if those were added, I'd vote for all three in any order.

Oh, and..."Which is a more reprehensible waste of money: Fine jewelry, or a bunch of expensive specialized hobby equipment?"
Since you asked, that's easy, fine jewelry.

Probably the best, and most meaningful, poll I've seen here. I like the randomness of it, I believe they do that in real polls to throw people off from expected answers. Well done.

I hope the analysis includes subtracting one from 6 and 7 for each answer of "6 and 7" to avoid double-counting. Though my cars use gasoline, and are not hybrids, I still said "runs on electricity" and "runs on gasoline", as I have a battery, alternator, spark plugs, computer, and electricity was used to refine and pump the gasoline in the tank. It runs on air too.

:)

Happy New Year!

-ERD50

I got to vote about gas car and electric car - mines a hybrid!

This is the best poll I've seen. Really made me think. But I know my truck runs on gas. I'm still thinking about the others.

I'm sorry, but "I burn diesel" is just too vague to be useful. In a car? A boat? A standby generator at a nuclear plant? A home furnace? (#2 fuel oil is diesel)

I always went for blonds. At some point, though, as Deng Xiaoping said, all cats are gray :LOL:

Didn't see any options for preferences of blondes, brunettes or redheads so I didn't vote. However, if those were added, I'd vote for all three in any order.

I'm sorry, but "I burn diesel" is just too vague to be useful.

I also am challenged with the wording. I bought over 3000 gallons of diesel last year, but my primary vehicle (pickup) burned more alcohol than gasoline.

I think there should have been a category for alcohol consumption.

And seafood.

This is a great forum! Sometimes I wish I could meet all of you in person... on the other hand that may lead to problems!

I also am challenged with the wording. I bought over 3000 gallons of diesel last year, but my primary vehicle (pickup) burned more alcohol than gasoline.

I think there should have been a category for alcohol consumption.

And seafood.

My car burned more alcohol than I did.
(ethanol is in gas, up to 10% , so for me that could be 1 gallon per fill-up)

Terrific poll. Sure to inspire some deep thinking!

Back
Top Bottom