Votes: 8 3.5%
  • Mostly the same side, but may be different travelling

Votes: 71 31.4%
  • Random, we just get into bed and don't think about it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Parental Advisory: Under 18 not permitted to let imagination run wild

I would say the middle but I think this is the wrong poll for that comment. :cool:

Early in my career I w*rked with an industrial electrician who was also part-owner of a "gentlemen's club". Each morning he would drag groggily into the electrical shop, open a 480V panel and (in deliberate violation of safety rules) flick a couple fingers across the live bus to shock himself awake.

When asked why he did this, he would shake his head wearily and say "I don't get enough sleep. Four girls in one bed is too much."

In his mid 30s he looked 70.

Always give my wife the option of sleeping closest to the bathroom when we travel. It’s my one example of chivalry.

I'm single and thought that the poll would not apply, but my lab sleeps in the bed with me so I'll take him into consideration. I try to sleep on the same side, but sometimes he settles in and takes my regular position. Also with a dog as many of you know, they think their half is actually in the middle. Who knew a king size bed would be so small? lol :LOL:

Yes, I can relate. It's a fight to the death in our bed.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 43
I always take the side closest to the door, whether at home or traveling. Whether it makes an actual difference or not, I'd rather be closest to where an intruder could come in rather than my wife.

Both sides of the bed are "my side" of the bed, since I sleep alone by choice.

I am an unusually active sleeper with vivid, lucid dreams, and sleep best when I can flop about and move around all over the bed. I utilize every square inch of my king sized bed. However I get in and out of bed on the left side, even though that is the farthest from the bathroom, the door, and so on.

I didn't check off anything in the poll because I wasn't sure what to choose.

I travel for a living, so am in hotels every Tuesday and Wednesday. Until a few years ago, I would wake up in the morning with my head facing north - the same direction as our bed at home.

Even if north was at the foot of the bed, that's where my head would end up in the morning. It was the funniest thing.

I travel for a living, so am in hotels every Tuesday and Wednesday. Until a few years ago, I would wake up in the morning with my head facing north - the same direction as our bed at home.

Even if north was at the foot of the bed, that's where my head would end up in the morning. It was the funniest thing.

Kelor, the human compass...

When kids were young, I always took the side away from the door and still do

Lately with her breathing issues, she has been sleeping on the couch watching TV (she is up several times a night), and I sleep in our bed upstairs. When we camp, or go to a hotel, I need the left side of the bed so I can lay on my left side, and not get smothered, or have blankets over my face.

My right lung is damaged, so sometimes difficult to breath sleeping on my right side.

As I worked steady shifts and also rotated shifts, 4 week intervals, 2 week intervals and 1 week intervals. DW took the side closest to the bathroom, only because it made sense for her when I wasn't there. Now retired, it is the same situation, unless there is no outlet to plug my CPAP machine, when we travel.

I don't know when it started, but somewhere along the way I got used to sleeping on one side.

Now, I cannot sleep on the other side; and, it doesn't matter where we are: home, hotel, or tent. I have to be on the "right" side of the bed or I cannot fall asleep. :)

I always sleep on the right side of the bed (as looking at the bed from the foot of the bed). I used to always sleep on the left side, but we moved about 6 years into our marriage, and from then on it's the right side. Looking back, I have no idea why. Although now the left side is closest to the bathroom and my wife does get up a few times during the night, so maybe that's why.

We always sleep on the same sides unless there is no night stand on my side when traveling. I always leave my eye glasses on the night stand because I can't see well enough without them to find them in the morning.

Wow, you all sleep in the same room as the spouse? Sexy. :cool:

Always the right side, unless when traveling and DH needs a plug in for his CPAP. Luckily, so far, every place has had plug ins on both sides of the bed.

I was wondering if the poll would specify which side men prefer, versus women, to determine if there's any correlation. Maybe it's like TP...just personal preference.

Always the right side at home, but can go either way when traveling.

I was wondering if the poll would specify which side men prefer, versus women, to determine if there's any correlation. Maybe it's like TP...just personal preference.

There is no personal preference for TP. Either it's TP over or you're wrong. :LOL:

Mostly the same side, but may be different travelling.... DW always wants the side that is closest to the bathroom :LOL::facepalm:

Coincidentially, both at home and in Florida, that means she gets the right side (as lying in bed... akin to the passenger side in a car) and I get the left side.

However, if we're traveling and the room layout is such that the bathroom is closer to the left side, then she takes that side.

Strange I know, but I didn't know about that before I married her. :D

+1

Back
Top Bottom