Question for Coffee Enthusiasts

I cold brew - I bought a filter thingie ($8 on Amazon) and fill it half way with grounds and stick it in a mason jar with water, screw on top and it 'brews' in fridge. I then pour it into a plastic bottle and dilute it with water. Next round uses same grounds as before with another halfway up to top of filter thingie. When coffee in plastic bottle is gone, refill with coffee from 'brewer' and start process all over again. Tastes great! But then I use half and half in my coffee.....

Goodness NO! Don't get me started on the way SBUX and other coffee houses serve cappuccino in a disposable cup. It's like eating a great steak on a paper plate that gets soggy from the juice, and using plastic utensils that break easily.

With standards this low, it's easy to be a coffee snob.

Not if you drink it in the store!

Yeah, I know a lot of folks take their fancy coffee to go.

I was thinking the same thing! Gotta be a fine bone china cup.

Would something like the below be suitable? How would our heroine specify that?

Oh, don't forget a silver spoon for stirring. No, make it a gold-plated one, because silver may get tarnished with the acidic coffee.

(I would suspect that they were born with the spoon;))

since I don’t go to St@r$$$ these days ( only went after one of my interns gave me a travel cup with so many free refills), I don’t hear that stuff...
as others have said, much of the doctoring of that mix just covers up the ( to me, “burnt”) taste of the actual coffee

I’ve had some good coffee.... try Blue Mountain from Jamaica.... good smooth stuff.
get whole bean (only get the good stuff directly in Jamaica, unfortunately, as I’ve found the blends of it aren’t as good), use burr grinder and French press...

Actually, I can understand the OP's confusion about the terminology. I have gone into cafes where there IS only one single-origin variety available - so it depends on where you are. Not everyone is buying their coffee at a specialty coffee shop that offers multiple varieties/types.

Single Origin - means beans are not mixed from multiple locations or "blends" as some green coffee purveyors do to try and make complex flavors, Latte is the espresso mixed with a base liquid which in this case appears to be Almond Milk and Macadamia flavoring. I buy green beans, roast them, grind them in a flat burr grinder and pull my own shots ALL of which are single origin (I have about twenty different origins that all give different taste results and aftertaste residual flavors). My favorites are Blue Mountain beans and one from one of the Kona Farms. Latte made using skim milk. Love the Blue Mountain and Kona as a straight shot espresso for the quick pick me up. Agree with the prior comment that Starbucks does know how to burn beans by taking it to the "Espresso Level" which means they got internal temp of bean well over 435 when roasting. Can anyone say Charcoal ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom