Reader Sunglasses

Mulligan

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got this idea from the forum here a while back and finally got around to ordering some reader sunglasses. Im unable to read small print mostly anywhere and trying to read with readers on by the pool in sunshine is just impossible with sun glare. Approaching our trip to Palazzo in Vegas quickly coming up I had to order... Spent less than $30 for two pairs...I got them today and now wish I had bought them a
long time ago. I don't like cheap dark sunglasses but these will be great for pool, golfing, and detailed work outside. Heck I even went into liquor store and could read the wine alcohol content fine print with them on. Usually I have to tap shoulder of an imbiber nearby and have them read it to me.
If you are a reader glasses person you should consider buying a pair of these. I got the bifocal type that just has the magnification in the lower corners so it doesn't effect my normal distance vision.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have had transition lense readers for years. Great for by the pool, fishing, etc. Work well indoors and out.

Have had transition lense readers for years. Great for by the pool, fishing, etc. Work well indoors and out.
I also have transition readers but in the car they do not darken because the windshield prevents the lenses from darkening. I need a pair of sunglasses while driving during daylight especially into the sun. What I did was buy a pair of stick on bifocals. Now I can see clearly ahead and read the gps and gauges clearly.

Never even thought to look for these, but now have a pair being shipped to me for under $20 so figure unless they are total crap, I can't go wrong.

Will come in very handy if they work as advertised.

In the sports section of Wal-Mart, near the fishing stuff, they have bifocal sunglasses with +250 readers for about $10. I had a pair that lasted a year and I was very happy. I now have transition progressives which work well. They are more flexible than just the +250. Only downside is they don't darken as much as I'd like in the car. So if it's really bright, I have a cheap pair of sunglasses I keep in the car. But then, I can't see the GPS and dash. It sucks getting old.

We make our annual January trip to the Fort Lauderdale flea market for these. 2 pair for $10, 3 for $12!!

Back
Top Bottom