Recent Photo

At megacorp, I heard a story about a guy claiming long-term disability for some kind of injury, and the insurance was suspicious and sent a detective to take photos of him playing tennis.

You have no reason to pretend any physical impediment, do you?

The head fake wasn't physical, but rather it was political. :LOL:

I knew, but still wanted to give you a hard time about insurance. ;)

Who knows, perhaps you get some monetary compensation for (pretended?) pain and suffering.

I knew, but still wanted to give you a hard time about insurance. ;)

Who knows, perhaps you get some monetary compensation for (pretended?) pain and suffering.

I recall, when I was living in Toronto in the 1970s, an insurance company running a sting on a guy drawing compensation for ostensible back injuries........he came out of his house, and just down the road, wearing a micro-mini skirt, was a pretty girl whose car had a flat tire.......he quickly changed the tire and earned the gratitude of both the girl and the photographer hiding in the bushes across the road.

...I've often wondered which came first, the cathedral or the beggars......and have a mental image of a bunch of Cardinals saying "Look, beggars.....this'd be a GREAT place to build a cathedral!"
Cardinals? Like this?

Hey, this is a photo thread. Stop complaining.

catholic-cardinals.jpg

Probably more like this (he's in Spain, after all):

Attachments

• NOBODY_EXPECTS_THE_SPANISH_INQUISITION!.jpg
    NOBODY_EXPECTS_THE_SPANISH_INQUISITION!.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 43
Never trust a man wearing a red dress.

And, of course I need to have a lot of trust in him--he's my urologist.

No more sweet little girl photos. They make me cry.
Fine. We are now posting photos of adults that will also make you cry.

Last edited:
They're baaaack......a combination of 'Nassau Five-0' ("Book 'em Danno")
2qjgcy1.jpg

and Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World" at Miami Airport...so nice of them to provide rockers for us old farts.
rbkv8y.jpg

4kxm3s.jpg

Nemo2 in in casual attire while visiting Africa:

P3050065.jpg

fashion-criminals15.jpg

Nemo2 all dressed up while visiting the big city.

At megacorp, I heard a story about a guy claiming long-term disability for some kind of injury, and the insurance was suspicious and sent a detective to take photos of him playing tennis.

You have no reason to pretend any physical impediment, do you?

Years ago, an employee of mine was photographed very similar. Workman's comp upheld employee's claim, as he was recuperating and not working.:confused:

Today the two eldest granddaughters participated in a dance competition.....therefore, (to embarrass them), I struck my best, (I know...fail), 'dancer's pose':

6hkfte.jpg

I volunteer on a tourist railroad. This couple came into the caboose, climbed up to the cupola, and took pictures of each other holding this stuffed chicken. Apparently they do this all over. I asked them to take a picture of me holding the chicken, and they did.

Attachments

• chocken.jpg
    chocken.jpg
    639.1 KB · Views: 86
First whitewater day of 2017. I'm sporting my new splash pants and semi-dry top over a wetsuit and fleece layer (hence the Michelin Man look). I was very happy about how dry I was at the end of the trip. I expected to be chilled by the end of the trip but I was toasty warm[emoji846]imagejpeg_0.jpg

Got to walk the field with my daughters at Petco park today! Clowned with the other coaches, too!

Attachments

• petco day.jpg
    petco day.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 86
  • petco day 2.jpg
    petco day 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 86
  • petco day 3.jpg
    petco day 3.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 90
  • petco day 5.jpg
    petco day 5.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 92
  • petco day 4.jpg
    petco day 4.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 95
Great pictures, everyone. Cute grandkids and kids. Should I say cute chicken:confused:

Riley @ age 7 going on 8... waiting new teeth...
Last pic on post 1334... Watching her growing up is a total delight. Still smart, sweet, and kind.

Attachments

• Riley.jpg
    Riley.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 77
My grandson and the funny thing is his Dad owns a landscaping business

Attachments

• noah on tractor.jpg
    noah on tractor.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 76
While this photo is not quite "recent", thought I'd put it here, since it was taken in 1937, and was in color. Commercial color photos for the home photographer, didn't even begin until 1935, and it was very rare at that time. In any case, this photo had to have been hand colored by the commercial photographer who took it.
My mom took about a zillion pictures from those early days, and my aunt passed all of them on to me in three large boxes about 10 years ago. Now , with plenty of free time, I'm getting to enjoy them.

This pic is of me, I think around age one.
...and mom at 8 months in 1911

Attachments

• Me 1937.jpg
    Me 1937.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 79
  • mom at 8 months.jpg
    mom at 8 months.jpg
    294.6 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Don't wanna monopolize the recent pictures, but this pic from our shoreline at Woodhaven Lakes, was part of a perfect day over the fourth of July weekend. It was rides on my paddleboat... Granddaughter, and four of my WH neighbors of the same age. The five most beautiful 8, 10 and 11 year olds in the whole wide world. Riley, Kenzie, Melody, Caitlin and Rosie.
We had a wonderful day... biking, boating, swimming, cookin' s'mores, and a slow down viewing of "Bambi"...to relax.

Attachments

• boat landing.jpg
    boat landing.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom