RIP:Ken Block passed away

ponyboy

Full time employment: Posting here.
Legendary rally car driver Ken Block died in snowmobile accident, Jan 2, 2023.

If you havent seen the youtube videos of him driving, take a peak. Mind blowing.

Last edited:
Very sad news. He died way too young. Tremendous talent and great videos for entertainment.

Oh no. I have enjoyed his Hoonigan channel. Seemed like a great guy and dad

Loved all his drifting/gymkhana videos. Also, he was very influential on the development of the Focus RS. (My daily)

Too young. Will say a prayer for him and his family.

RIP Ken. Most people don't get to check out doing what you love. He was hooning it up on a powerful snowmobile and backflipped it onto himself.
That is not a negative thing, just a fact and that desire to compete and find the limits was at his core. Nobody I have seen could make a car dance like he could.

Oh no!

A lot of us in the industry were intrigued ~ 10 years ago with videos such as this.

RIP Ken

Anyone notice at the end of the video the rubber is almost completely gone from the rear tires?

^ Yep - It looked to me that burning up the remaining tires was the last thing he did after the fuel began to run out.

I wonder if he made any videos with electric cars? The low-end torque available on a (BEV) ie. battery electric vehicle, could provide interesting new degrees of freedom for a driver like Ken.

^ Yep - It looked to me that burning up the remaining tires was the last thing he did after the fuel began to run out.

I wonder if he made any videos with electric cars? The low-end torque available on a (BEV) ie. battery electric vehicle, could provide interesting new degrees of freedom for a driver like Ken.

yes he did - virtually his last one (an Audi from memory)

Oh no!

A lot of us in the industry were intrigued ~ 10 years ago with videos such as this.

RIP Ken

OK that’s just crazy! Does that car have a two-cycle engine? That’s what DH said it sounded like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom