RIP Stanley "Buckwheat" Dural Jr.

RIP. Amazing musician and entertainer. I saw him 3 times at Wolf Trap over the years, and every show was great.

I almost missed this one. I didn't see it here, but on another site. They have a list of all the music related deaths from 2016. There are like 32 of them, then another page with a few dozen others, including related folk like managers and producers. The list is way too big. Pop and Rock Star Deaths in 2016 – RIP Buckwheat Zydeco

I am literally looking at my upcoming tickets for Buckwheat Zydeco March 24 in Fort Lauderdale, front row A. RIP

Rich

He was another favorite of mine. Very sorry to hear of his passing.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

"Hey everybody, let's have some fun. You only live once, and when you're dead you're done."

I waited to post to this thread until I had a chance to listen to the Buckwheat Zydeco CD I have in my digitized collection. Did that today.

I love Zydeco. I remember the first time I heard Clifton Chenier on one of those off-the-wall radio stations in the 70's. Man, I didn't know you could wail on accordion like that!

The Buckwheat Zydeco CD I have is good, but it just doesn't do that much for me, some very good, some kinda mediocre ( 1988 Taking It Home). I love the clip that was posted though. I bet he was crazy fantastic to see live.

Now that I'm in my 60's, I gotta say 68 is just way to young for this guy to go. Bon Ton Roulet!

Another from the session posted below:

And here he is, outside of the Zydeco mood, doing some Jimi Hendrix wah-wah on accordion:

-ERD50

Thanks for posting that Fats song. That put a big ol' smile on my face this morning. I'll have to listen to the other clip this afternoon. Can't get it up for a 13 min. version of Hey Joe on the squeeze box before my second cup o' joe, me. :D

Back
Top Bottom