Salad bar refrigeration - Hazard?

This is why they invented Clorox travel wipes, don't leave home without them!

This is why they invented Clorox travel wipes, don't leave home without them!
We recently went on a 32 day cruise, and were really concerned about Noro Virus. When we were taken to our stateroom, the first thing we did was to spray the door handle. We then went into the room, and sprayed the telephone, remote control, drawer handles, and the entire bathroom. This may sound like overkill, but we did not come down with anything:)

Or the seat in the grocery cart, at the grocery store. That is where the kids in diapers sit, and most people put food on the seat if they do not have kids riding in the cart.

Yup. I never put food in the grocery cart seat.

OMG. I knew this thread would go off the deep end. You cannot live in bubble, well maybe you can try. I am more in the group that believes if it does not kill you it will make you stronger, except for bears, bears can kill you.

We recently went on a 32 day cruise, and were really concerned about Noro Virus. When we were taken to our stateroom, the first thing we did was to spray the door handle. We then went into the room, and sprayed the telephone, remote control, drawer handles, and the entire bathroom. This may sound like overkill, but we did not come down with anything:)

I'm immuno-compromised so I have to be careful and diligent, and I am. I bring plenty of alcohol wipes every vacation, and go through this same ritual. I also wipe down the airplane tray, seat belt, light switch - anything that someone else likely touched. I use a napkin to hold the salt or ketchup, and last thing I do before I start to eat is use hand sanitizer.
I figure I am at least bettering my odds. FWIW, I have never gotten sick on (or afterward) our annual cruise vacation, or our hotel-style vacations.

The "deep end" well there are quite a few things that won't actually kill you, however they might make you wish you were dead to put you out of your misery.

My DH is on a pretty decent dose of beta-blockers and a few days of bad stomach or food poisoning wouldn't be a good thing.

When I'm paying several hundred dollars a day to be on a nice travel trip you bet I'm am going to take a few simple precautions to stay well. I sure don't consider that "living in a bubble".

Back
Top Bottom